Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Chrysler 200s with the factory halogen headlights and fog lights. I wanted the LEDs so i installed LED headlights just an easy plug and play about 6 months ago. They were great right from the start never had any issues. Within the past couple weeks they have randomly been going out.

If i have my car turn off and just have my headlights on there are no issues. They stay on and never turn off. But as soon as i start my car, put it into drive, the headlights go out within 5-10 seconds... Then if i stop, put the car into park, move the light switch to parking lights then back to auto the lights turn back on. Then again i put it into drive and start to drive then they turn off again... It just keep going back and forth

This is very bizarre because the lights clearly aren't burned out.

If anyone has heard of this issue before or have any ideas please respond :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine did that as soon as I installed my LED lights. It turns out the computer on the 200 monitors the voltage being used by the lights and if it is too low, the programing assumes the light is blown and cuts all power to that light. I fixed my problem by getting ahold of superbrightleds.com and purchased resistors for the lights. The resistors trick the computer into thinking the regular light bulbs are in the car, prevent it from cutting power to them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used (2pc 9006 9005 HID LED Resistors for TIPM Dodge RAM Jeep Chrysler) from OPT7 and it's working great so far but you need to mount it on a metal surface as it gets pretty hot during operation

1 - 4 of 4 Posts