Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of LED headlights in my 2015 chrysler 200 limited right now, but I don't find them bright enough on the road and I see lots of posts on here some saying LED is better, some saying HID is better, which one is truly brighter? Also if I keep LED headlights, does anyone know which way they should be aligned, I've seen posts saying they should be aligned 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock to get the best brightness but it depends on the vehicle? Does anyone know?

2015 200s 3.6 AWD
146 Posts
Did you get 35W or 55W lights? I've heard 55W is better but 35W does just fine?
35w . All those ratings are misleading . The watts just represent power consumption, and not light output . The K is just the shift to the blue spectrum, and not light output. They should be forced to rate these in Lumens .

Here is a YouTube video I made:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The HID definitely does look brighter and looks brighter than my LED's I currently have in my 200 that are supposed to be 12,000 lumens

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
35w . All those ratings are misleading . The watts just represent power consumption, and not light output . The K is just the shift to the blue spectrum, and not light output. They should be forced to rate these in Lumens .

Here is a YouTube video I made:
The HID definitely does look brighter and looks brighter than my LED's I currently have in my 200 that are supposed to be 12,000 lumens. Do you find the HID bulbs just look like the halogen bulbs just a brighter colour? That's what I've heard about them that's why I originally went with LED's

2015 200s 3.6 AWD
146 Posts
The HID definitely does look brighter and looks brighter than my LED's I currently have in my 200 that are supposed to be 12,000 lumens. Do you find the HID bulbs just look like the halogen bulbs just a brighter colour? That's what I've heard about them that's why I originally went with LED's
The HIDs are brighter and whiter that the halogens or the LEDs .
Here is a side by side of the halogens and the HIDs .

·
Registered
3 Posts
****,o I'm new here. I have the 2015 200 Limited and ordered some HID 9012 bulb size 8000K and they do not fit. The thing is that HID-Warehouse off Amazon say they do. I rechecked my bulb size and they are 9005 not 9012. Why are they saying they do fit but they do not? I scratched up my knuckles trying to get them to fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, I understand that part but why are they saying the 9012 bulbs fit when they really do not? I'm about to order some 9005 HID bulbs anyway.

·
Super Moderator
2,574 Posts
9012 is the correct size bulb for 2011-2017 non-HID bulb equipped Chrysler 200 unless the socket has been modified.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ok, I understand that part but why are they saying the 9012 bulbs fit when they really do not? I'm about to order some 9005 HID bulbs anyway. View attachment 56739
Here's why they didn't fit:

The original bulbs had an element with a round metal base. Some manufacturers make that, some make a rectangular metal base to the element, which will NOT insert fully into the bulb cylinder. And even within the same manufacturer, long life or extra brightness bulbs differ.

This type of element fits:

This type does NOT:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts