Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of LED headlights in my 2015 chrysler 200 limited right now, but I don't find them bright enough on the road and I see lots of posts on here some saying LED is better, some saying HID is better, which one is truly brighter? Also if I keep LED headlights, does anyone know which way they should be aligned, I've seen posts saying they should be aligned 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock to get the best brightness but it depends on the vehicle? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Unfortunately LEDs don't work well in projecter headlight housings.
I got my HID conversion from https://arnbergindustries.com/
Here's a picture of the different types in our car .
Top is halogen
Middle is LED
Bottom are my HIDs

·
Registered
84 Posts
Did you get 35W or 55W lights? I've heard 55W is better but 35W does just fine?
35w . All those ratings are misleading . The watts just represent power consumption, and not light output . The K is just the shift to the blue spectrum, and not light output. They should be forced to rate these in Lumens .

Here is a YouTube video I made:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The HID definitely does look brighter and looks brighter than my LED's I currently have in my 200 that are supposed to be 12,000 lumens

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
35w . All those ratings are misleading . The watts just represent power consumption, and not light output . The K is just the shift to the blue spectrum, and not light output. They should be forced to rate these in Lumens .

Here is a YouTube video I made:
The HID definitely does look brighter and looks brighter than my LED's I currently have in my 200 that are supposed to be 12,000 lumens. Do you find the HID bulbs just look like the halogen bulbs just a brighter colour? That's what I've heard about them that's why I originally went with LED's

·
Registered
84 Posts
The HID definitely does look brighter and looks brighter than my LED's I currently have in my 200 that are supposed to be 12,000 lumens. Do you find the HID bulbs just look like the halogen bulbs just a brighter colour? That's what I've heard about them that's why I originally went with LED's
The HIDs are brighter and whiter that the halogens or the LEDs .
Here is a side by side of the halogens and the HIDs .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts