Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't figure out why the led lights don't come on automatically. I have looked in settings on uconnect screen but it doesn't give option to have them come on when car is in gear...can someone let me know how to set...thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't know what model you have but I believe this is only an option on the C. My S does not do it unless I turn on the parking lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 15' 200s...that surprises me that we have to do it manually, and it's not a setting we can choose.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Getty, the premium light package I think is what came to mind. If you have factory hid headlights I think you get the automatic DRL's. My car has halogen headlights. My led parking lights are much dimmer than the hid/LED drl option. Iirc the premium lighting package has led light bars with more and/or brighter leds in them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course the one thing I opted out of was the premium lighting lol. Thanks for the replies everyone I appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
977 Posts
From another thread. You will find many threads on front lighting through-out the forums.
  • Headlamps - 200 LX, Limited, S, and 200C models are equipped with halogen 76-millimeter projector beam headlamps for outstanding forward- and spread-light performance. When equipped with a bi-functional (high/low beam capability in a single lamp) high-intensity discharge (HID) xenon lighting system (optional on 200S and 200C) the 70-millimeter projector beams are incorporated, increase spread light by 5-percent and delivers an improvement in forward lighting.An electric motor and mechanism internal to the HID lamp unit closes a shutter for low beams and opens the shutter for high beams. The HID front lamp units each include an electronic ballast module, while an Automatic Headlamp Leveling Module (AHLM) that serves both front lamp units levelling motor. Both headlamp systems also include an adjustable reflector and clear lens integral to each front lamp unit. Halogen infrared bulbs (HIR) are standard-equipped on all models. The bulbs incorporate a special coating that makes them burn hotter within the bulb chamber, and in turn, provides wider spread light and higher output than traditional halogen bulbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts