Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanna get led taillights for my Chrysler 200s so I can black out the taillights and still be able to see from 500 ft for our state law. Any thoughts on this yet? Sorry if this post s alittle weird I'm on my iPhone at work lol. Thx in advance for any input

·
Registered
488 Posts
LED Light modifications

The lights are indeed already LED type lights.

I would not suggest modifying them on such a new vehicle because if the modifications are not done properly, you may be stuck paying for the fix.

Certain changes that you might make to your vehicle do not, by themselves, void any of the new vehicle warranties. But your warranties do not cover any part that Chrysler Group did not supply. Nor do they cover the costs of any repairs or adjustments that might be caused or needed because of installation or use of non-Chrysler Group parts, components, equipment, materials or additives.

Please refer to your warranty information booklet for further information.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
The other thing to consider is that LED's (Light Emitting Diodes) are not like traditional lamps that you see on cars of yesteryear.

These in fact come on a printed circuit board that was designed to fit the cavity of the 200. Likely 1/2 watt chips spread out into certain clusters.

There are brighter LED's on the market, but they wouldn't be designed for the 200 or its circuit board. Not to mention the extra loading would mean changing the driver (power source), and the extra heat that is generated from the higher wattage LED's would mean a better heat sync than what is in there now.

So in the end........you're stuck with what you got. LOL......

·
Registered
98 Posts
They are bright enough stock, they light up as much behind the car as the headlights do in the front lol. I'm getting my lights smoked with vinyl film soon, that way I can take it off if needed in the future.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly I thought they were but a guy at work told me they werent lol. And there's only one place I've found so far that will do it for me and it's 100$ ;(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And sorry for a double post but I'd be getting vinyl on mine also if I do it so I can take it off later also. Thanks for all your input!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will post pics ;) I'd post pics of my car as it is.. but its a filthy mess right now.. Haven't had time to run it to a carwash (And have no car washing supplies at home right now.) I also still need to get a claybar and give it a good rub down. I'll try and get pics up asap, and if someone can give me a step-by-step process to tinting my taillights I'll just do it myself, I just don't wanna mess them up with trial and error.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
Brandmaner
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing