Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a 2015 Chrysler 200 limited 2.4L in my price range. Test drive it and everything and love it, however I noticed that while the car is in idle the steering wheel vibrates rather noticeably which took me off guard. I've had a Dodge Charger 3.5 and currently my wife and I also have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee 2.4 and never really noticed anything like that before. so I'm mostly curious if that's normal for the car, or if it's probably a lemon, the car fax looked good it seemed well maintained, and it only did that in idle driving was perfect. Also is there anything else I should be aware of?
Any advice/input would be great thanks!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Mine does it and now at 57K miles, no issues other than the annoyance.

·
Super Moderator
2,421 Posts
Mine does it and now at 57K miles, no issues other than the annoyance.
...but you have the V6 right? I don't think this is common for the 3.6. Mine has 47K miles and it does not vibrate at idle, never has actually.

·
Registered
868 Posts
My V6 always did it. At 69K still does. The wheel hasn't fell off yet, I think only Ford Fusions do that.

·
Super Moderator
2,421 Posts
@ white 200c (can't quote due to technical issues at the moment) Maybe take it in? It's a shame that it has 68K miles with this condition cause there's a chance it won't be covered under power-train warranty, unless you have the extended warranty. This absolutely is not normal for a Chrysler 200 V6. Like your recent wheel bearing discovery (i was confused when you posted the car was loud when you got it - turns out you were right but it was because of something broken), unfortunately you probably have something else wrong. 15' 200 is a great car, it really is but the first year of a redesign from any mfg is going to have issues - as I have experienced myself.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I don't notice it all the time. Its usually after a long highway run and when I get to the bottom of the ramp and stop, I notice it. I don't notice it at other times. When I drive around for lunch I stop at many light and I don't think it does it. I will try to pay attention today. Its not something that bothers or worries me so I wont bring it in. Heck, I still have the open recall for the tranny electrical plug I think? Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts