Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am looking into buying a brand new 2016 Limited V6 and I was hoping to get some insight on 1. If $23,500 out out the door (including taxes and fees) 0% for 84 months and $0 down is a good deal and 2. Is this car going to be problematic in any way that I should know? I know this may be a biased group but hoping to get honest answers from owners themselves. The car has the leather seats along with the 8.4 touchscreen(nav "capable" which would also be nice to know how much that would be). It also has the 3.6 v6 and it's white. This would be my first Chrysler car to own and I've heard reliability isn't their strong suit. Personally I think that all depends on how the owner treats it and being that its brand new I know I will service the way it should be.

A bit of background just so you guys know where I am coming from and maybe you can relate. This car will be for my wife but if i'm going to buy her something I want to like it myself as well. I drive a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution that's modded and often track my car ( hence why i'm more interested int he v6 version). When i got behind the wheel of the V6 I was actually quite impressed on the power, however as any car guy would say " it can always be better" haha. With that being said hows the market for aftermarket performance on this chassis? Easy to make power? Reliable? Anyone track theirs?

Other random questions
-Hows insurance? costly for those record free drivers to insure?
-Should I look into the 200s or is the difference not worth it?
-Can I add OEM fog lights if it doesn't come with it?
-Do heated seats always include vented seats or is vented another option?

Thanks for any input. Looking to buy soon and this will help in my decision.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a 2015s and love it. 44000 miles and only problem was a leaking seal on the rear axle, replaced under warranty. I have owned Chrysler products all my life and never had a major problem with any of them. These are great cars especially now as the dealers seem to be giving them away. My local Dealer is offering $10-$13000 of MSRP!!!
They have a loaded Black S with a sticker of $36K and selling it for $23k and change.
If you don't like chrome go with the S. A white S with Blacked out windows and the Hyper Black Wheels is Killer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have to agree. at 23.5k for a limited that is a year old WAY WAY over priced. No reason you cant get it under 20k considering they are not making any more of the cars. like the previous person stated 10-14k off easily.

1. insurance will vary from person to person. too may factors (location, your credit score, driver history)
2. i would do an s
3. No vented seats are only an option usually with leather only.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Stay away from their dealer installed GPS system. It sucks. It's not worth the $600 cost. It is totally outdated and no updates available. Even if the update was available it's a further $150 per update. I'm sure other 200 owners will confirm.

As regards the car itself .... Very nice car to drive. After owning mine since 04/15 I'm still impressed with the car.

Heated seats do not automatically come vented.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Lots of info HERE about installing fog lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts