Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently (August) bought a 2011 chrysler 200 limited with the 3.6. I heard a slight ticking but was told that it was just the tensioner and I'd be fine. Or so I thought. Two months later the belt broke and withi. the past three months, I have put 5 new belts on the car, a new alternator and a new tensioner. The tick went away but when putting the new belt on this time after replacing the tensioner. I saw that the water pump pulley seems to be not inline with the harmonic balancer. Has anyone else had this problem with this model or is it just me. If so how did you fix it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Sounds like the car has been worked on quite a bit in the past... maybe even a new engine. Someone couldve replaced the water pump w a wrong year. I would take too a Chrysler dealer too verify pulleys are correct. Maybe someone here can post a pic for you. IDK if my 2015 is the same.

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
699 Posts
I use one eye to look at the belt/pulley path down a straight yardstick. The belt path must be true, or else it can throw or shred the serpentine belt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts