Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it’s cold and my car (2015 200v6) has been sitting for hours I’ll get a high pitch squealing sound from engine bay. Searching leads me to think idler pulley? Any experience with this issue? Or any walk through on repairing it?

Thanks

·
Registered
479 Posts
Mine has done that since day 1. More so after I installed my C.A.I. I havent diog'd it much but I think its some air valve thats noisy when its cold? No noise when warmer... I would think the idler pulley would be noisy all the time.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine has done that since day 1. More so after I installed my C.A.I. I havent diog'd it much but I think its some air valve thats noisy when its cold? No noise when warmer... I would think the idler pulley would be noisy all the time.
I have a 2013 and it was a problem with mine. The idler was replaced under warranty and it has never happened again. I am coming up to serpentine belt replacement, which as an ex Navy Aircraft maintenance type will involve the belt, idler, tensioner and alternator. I hope the new parts will not bring back that problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2013 and it was a problem with mine. The idler was replaced under warranty and it has never happened again. I am coming up to serpentine belt replacement, which as an ex Navy Aircraft maintenance type will involve the belt, idler, tensioner and alternator. I hope the new parts will not bring back that problem.
yeah I did a quick search and it sounds like I need to take the plastic off from inside the front passenger wheel well to gain access.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I guess Ill be replacing the belt and tensioner in the spring. Thanks!

Reactions: 200_S_AWD
1 - 6 of 6 Posts