Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I modified and installed this CAI Flowmaster 615156 on my 2015 Chrysler 200S, since the K&N kit for the car doesn’t have a complete intake tube to the throttle body and I discovered the Flowmaster kit tooling around on the Holley website. The Jeep Cherokee 3.2 uses the same Pentastar architecture and the same platform as the Chrysler 200, for the price it was a no brainer, the Whole Chrysler 200 intake track in the fender had to be removed, the flowmaster intake box/shield had to be cut in several loacations and a Cherokee air box bracket 68158624AB had to be purchased and installed. While I had the car apart I went ahead and installed the PUG lower intake as well, the oil can I made had been on the car for about a week before the install. The car has great performance now and the parts were very high quality

I also received the the universal mandrel bent 3" SS exhaust system as well as the Magnaflow mufflers I intend on using, after that's installed I plan on getting car tuned.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Very nice job! I love my Magnaflow kit....even more now that it's fully broken in. Deep n mellow and no droning. You will be wanting that tune even more when that exhaust goes on!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So today I put the car on ramps test fitted some of my exhaust, I even pulled the exhaust and fuel tank, to look for areas that could be improved, the car sounds super cool without exhaust, Oh and I even have some pics of some exhaust parts for a later turbo build.

IMG_0404.jpg IMG_0405.jpg IMG_0408.jpg IMG_0409.jpg IMG_0410.jpg IMG_0411.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
So today I put the car on ramps test fitted some of my exhaust, I even pulled the exhaust and fuel tank, to look for areas that could be improved, the car sounds super cool without exhaust, Oh and I even have some pics of some exhaust parts for a later turbo build.

View attachment 54378 View attachment 54380 View attachment 54382 View attachment 54384 View attachment 54386 View attachment 54388
What are you thinking for the turbo set up? I am very interested in how it works out. I have been doing some desktop research on a centrifugal supercharger. I am day dreaming of replacing the A/C compressor with one but I have a lot of research to do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice job! I admire people that can think outside of the box.

What did you think of the intake swap? Feel any different ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, I like the turbo option, I'm interested in how/where you would install the turbo. The Prodigy site tugged at my heart a little as my other vehicle is a lifted Jeep.
I have removed the battery and battery tray several times, with it relocated to the trunk and the PCM moved to the fender, there is a mountain of room, I'm looking at a Precision 6262 turbo, that's what the recommended lots of room for a intercooler with the shutter system removed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice job! I admire people that can think outside of the box.

What did you think of the intake swap? Feel any different ?
I think the intake swap is a piece of cake, it's really neat how it's a better design, flow's better and direct swap, between the intake manifold and CAI, there is a significant difference, I can't wait to get the 3" mandrel exhaust and a tune.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
John 200S
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing