Chrysler 200 Forum banner

Lowering springs for awd cars.

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  chawze 
#1 ·
Alright ladies and gents, i have found a company that has agreed to make 1" lowering springs, for the AWD cars!! Cant say who just yet, but will say that this company has been making springs for Indy cars, Nascar, Imsa, world challange, etc.. And made here in the USA!! I am going to look for a wrecked S model for the samples. You can help by letting me know if you of a wrecked car i can buy the springs from. Process in motion!!!

Update!! I found the sample springs and they are on the way to the spring company!!

#2 ·
Its about time. Im assuming this is for the 2015 models? I was getting desperate for this summer I almost got the I4 Eibach ones for my 3.6 and just live with it. Im guessing I can use the front springs from this one that you are talking about and the rears from the Eibach.

Do you have an approximate timeline?

#3 · (Edited)
While that's underway research dampers. Factory shocks/struts can't control the weight of this car worth a **** when driven in anger. It will only get worse with a high spring rate.

I know there are some high performance Koni offerings for the Alfa FWD sister platforms (closer to Dart) but I can't tell if it's worth modifying those to fit the AWD or just start from scratch, chopping up the factory strut bodies, and bolting in some custom cartridge inserts.

See link...

https://youtu.be/PXSnNZt3NiI

#5 ·
You have any luck getting these springs yet? I would love a set when they are available.

Reactions: chawze
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.