Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Installed the new lug nuts today. Dealer had to break the old ones since the caps gave way. It was weird to feel how loose the caps were when I was attempting to take them off due to the flat tire I had. Once installed, you can't tell a difference between the old and new. But when off, there is a difference. These new bolts are nice that they are one piece, not a bolt and cap. I only worry about the width of the top part of the screw area, not sure what to call it. The new bolt doesn't appear to be as wide as the old. But dealership put them on and they stated they were fine on my 19" wheels.

20190415_094452.jpg

·
Registered
743 Posts
Apparently the claim was dismissed by the courts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I was shopping for replacement lug nuts for my Jeep Liberty at a Dodge/Chrysler dealership they showed me the Mopar exact replacements (very pricy) and an equivalent Mopar lug nut (much more affordable).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
743 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles travman. Let us know how the new lug bolts fit and compare when you switch them out.

I had my lug bolts shipped to my US address in Lewiston NY and my brother picked them up for me yesterday. I won't get them until my next trip down to visit him in about a month or two from now.
I finally picked up my new bolts today. Now, question ... should I or shouldn't I ... put a little grease on the new bolt threads before installation ????

·
Registered
803 Posts
I always put a small dab of grease, or anti-seize on the studs or threads.
I usually put anti-seize on mine as well, though I've read that you should not as the the tightening torque spec is for dry threads. I've never had one come loose though, when tightened to the spec, and never had one that was difficult to remove either.

·
Registered
281 Posts
So now it's my turn for new lug studs. (Yaay) went to rotate tires and half of them didn't want too hear it. I checked a few y'all suggested and went on CARIDs site and found some chrome ones I liked but they don't have a full set in stock. (Sorry carid) So I'm asking y'all for some links or suggestions for some chrome ones that you've found and are happy with? Appreciate the help....thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,406 Posts
Going to order some from Amazon myself now, same ones as shamrock249 and travman.

Took my front wheels off to inspect my Powerstop crossdrilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads since they were squeaking a little - they were just dirty/dusty, plenty of pad material left surprisingly - point being is the lug bolts were a little messed up, had to use a rubber mallet to put on the 19mm lug wrench to get them loose.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks again B.K....just ordered a set. Are you happy w the Powerstop kit and ceramic pads? Doing mine soon.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I just switched out my new bolts on one of wheels. They fit well and look good. See pics ... new and old.
1.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG

·
Super Moderator
2,406 Posts
I found these on Amazon US.

AVNPerformance 12x1.25 Chrome Acorn Cone Seat Lug Bolts | 19mm Hex For Stock Wheels | 28mm Shank | Fit Most Jeep Fiat Dodge Dart

Only problem is, they don't ship to Canada.
Anyone have any objections to me making this a sticky so it's easier to find replacement lug bolts that actually fit our 2015+ 200's that aren't OEM Mopar or priced very high?

If not i'll move this thread to the wheels/Tires/Suspension section: https://www.200forums.com/forum/12-chrysler-200-wheels-tires-suspension/

·
Registered
743 Posts
No problem at all. Please do.

·
Super Moderator
2,406 Posts
Here's another perspective (picture), they work well, I would buy again if I had the need to especially for the cost, buy they are slightly shorter than the OEM ones. Didn't make any difference. Usable width of the cone is the same.

IMG-0194.JPG IMG-0195.JPG

·
Registered
743 Posts
I understood that the shank is the same length as the OEM bolts. I'm thinking that possibly the chrome cap may be giving the illusion of the OEM bolts being longer. Just a thought.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks so much for posting the AVN Performance set, just ordered them today. I had my car at the tire shop to replace a TPMS sensor that detached from the valve and was rolling around inside the tire and they called and told me one of the bolts had swelled and was ruined. They don't have a replacement in the right size and neither do any of the auto parts stores in this area so now I get to drive on 4 bolts on one wheel until these show up next week (should be ok for a few days). Going to just replace them all and prevent this problem from happening again.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Just a heads up for anyone referring to this thread. AVN Performance apparently is now called AVN Motorsports. While they still sell on Amazon, our 12X1.25 Cone Seat Acorn Lug Bolt 19mm Hex 28mm Shank model is not currently listed there. So I bought directly from their web site: www.avnmotorsports.com

·
Super Moderator
1,738 Posts
Replaced the lug bolts today during a regular service to the wife's car. ( Got them from the Amazon supplier last month. ) I was able to break loose all but one. The others all required a breaker bar to get them loose. The last one seems to have slipped the chrome cap around and now the socket won't go on. Tires are to be replaced late next week so I'll have them get it off during the change.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
19 Participants
fltru103
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing