Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Let me start with saying i just bought a 15 200 limited. 67k and everything pristine. But the one thing wrong with it was the manual climate control/ radio panel at the top of the center console was not working. I figured a blown fuze and this was not the case. I changed the fuzes i thought related to my issue and nothing.

Any known fixes for this? Any help is appreciated. We could even start at square one. Checking fuzes.

Thanks in advance.
15911458313348670788310913109871.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
977 Posts
Welcome to the forums. A scan tool might be able to talk to it over the bus? It must show as an active module in PROXI. Any sign of a beverage spill (sticky buttons or controls)?
There is no dedicated fuse or feed for this. Removing it from the console for a close visual inspection might reveal the issue?
Do you have radio/HVAC controls on the radio screen and do they work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. I was thinking getting it out after work today. No there is nothing viewable that is of any indication. All button go in and out fine. And hardly any sign of use at all.

Yes everything is working with the touchscreen and steering controls.

·
Registered
833 Posts
New part available HERE. The panel that holds the heater/AC controls easily pops out of the console. Just pull it up and it will pop out. The rotary panel is then simply held in with small screwws.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New part available HERE. The panel that holds the heater/AC controls easily pops out of the console. Just pull it up and it will pop out. The rotary panel is then simply held in with small screwws.

Thank you! I was having trouble finding it without the duel air.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New part available HERE. The panel that holds the heater/AC controls easily pops out of the console. Just pull it up and it will pop out. The rotary panel is then simply held in with small screwws. At what end of the panel should I pull from? Would it be the end where it drops down to the center console where the drink holder is? Pleas help me!! I need air! 🤯
I’m actually replacing my hvac unit too. But my question is, are you using any tools to help remove the panel.

·
Registered
833 Posts
You can if you want but I just used my fingernails. A flat screwdriver or a flat plastic tool will also help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the forums. A scan tool might be able to talk to it over the bus? It must show as an active module in PROXI. Any sign of a beverage spill (sticky buttons or controls)?
There is no dedicated fuse or feed for this. Removing it from the console for a close visual inspection might reveal the issue?
Do you have radio/HVAC controls on the radio screen and do they work?
I'm having the same problem. And yes the radio/HVAC controls on the radio screen work. I do believe she wiped it down and a lil liquid got down inside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts