Chrysler 200 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
I am curious, have you had anymore problems with your remote since you reset it? Mine is still acting up. It pretty much doesn't work almost daily when I try and use the remote start in the morning.
Yes. Still having the same issue, as are several others. Another thread here discusses. Sounds like the solution is new batteries for the remote. Since several of us are experiencing this for the first time, around the same time, including both of my remotes, even with one being used much less than the other, my guess is that batteries only last about three years, maybe due to the proximity transmitter constantly being active.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes. Still having the same issue, as are several others. Another thread here discusses. Sounds like the solution is new batteries for the remote. Since several of us are experiencing this for the first time, around the same time, including both of my remotes, even with one being used much less than the other, my guess is that batteries only last about three years, maybe due to the proximity transmitter constantly being active.
That sounds like it could be the problem. I am going to change the batteries to see if it works. It is getting really cold here now so I want the remote start to work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I received an email that there is a USA map update on 12/6/17 to update the navigation system in my 2015 Chrysler 200. Free shipping is offered for the $149 update if ordered by 12/31/17. I followed the link to the Unconnect map update website and found out that I needed to update my software first before ordering the map update. No problem - I've previously performed the direct download and installed the software from a flash drive without problems. Unfortunately, the Uconnect update site to download the software accepts my VIN number and tells me an update is available, however that's as far as I get. When I click the link to download the software I get an error and when I try to download update manager at the end of the tutorial, nothing happens when clicking the link to initiate the download. I called Uconnect support, which had me delete all cookies, etc., to no avail. I tried the same process with a different process to no avail. After some checking the support person told me the update site was down and that I should try again tomorrow. Well, today is tomorrow and no luck yet. I can't download the update, and once installed will allow me to order the map update. It appears that the members on this thread who have received the software and map updates live in Canada. Has anyone in the USA received this notice and been able to download the following software update, install it and then order and install the map update?

Update 1:
UCONNECT_8.4AN_RA4_17.11.07_MY1
Service Bulletin ID: 08-047-17
Release Date:
2017-05-05

·
Registered
769 Posts
I believe you can have the dealer install it for you and I don't think they charge for it. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I meant to say:
I tried the same process with a different browser to no avail.
I used the download linked to here by another forum member, who got it from the Hellcat forum. It worked fine for me, as it did for at least a couple other members.

However, I just checked and that download link is no longer active. Really shouldn't matter, because I've tested the file contents and found the them to be identical (see this post) to the "Canada / Mexico Only" version linked to on Google Drive by Fernboy61 in the top post of that same thread. I can't be responsible if it doesn't work for you, but I don't see any good reason why it shouldn't. Just make sure you download the correct file for your head unit (RA3 or RA4) and model year!

BTW I've found the Uconnect download site to a kludge. It was still telling me that the previous download version from April 2016 was what I needed, long after I had already downloaded and installed it. Also, I never even received the email telling me about the RA4_17.11.07 being rolled out "over the air". Apparently FCA doesn't have a reliable way of keeping track of which firmware is actually installed for each VIN.

[PS] Perhaps another US owner would be willing to post a link to the file they've downloaded directly from the Uconnect site. I could check the MD5 of it's contents and verify another way that they are all the same. Also, you could use whichever download you wish.[/PS]

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
I meant to say:
I tried the same process with a different browser to no avail.
Many people got that problem 2-3 years ago and it is a setting in your browser that needs to be changed, there was a post herethat was explaining it but I can't unfortunately find it right now but as Pennhaven stated, the link that I posted in the thread mentionned above will work too as many used it. Just make sure you download the proper one for your radio.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm in the same boat trying to update. I've never received an OTA update, and the site won't let me. I've tried two browsers on Mac, and then another on Windows. It only errors when I click to download. I messaged Chrysler support about the Uconnect website not working, but a HERE support person messaged me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in the same boat trying to update. I've never received an OTA update, and the site won't let me. I've tried two browsers on Mac, and then another on Windows. It only errors when I click to download. I messaged Chrysler support about the Uconnect website not working, but a HERE support person messaged me.
I called the Uconnect support line again yesterday after getting error messages on the download site. The support person said their upgrade site was still down; however, she said I could have the update installed for free under warranty at my local Chrysler dealership.

I called a local dealer and set up an appointment for this morning. I was at the dealership for 2.5 hours - which was less time than I've already spent trying to download the software on their update site. I had to remind them at checkout that the software update was covered under warranty. I'm happy to say that the software upgrade provides improved screens, numerous map screen setting options, and a new Yelp app to locate businesses that is in addition to the search engine that is part of the Nav system. I placed my map order this afternoon (with free shipping) which I expect to receive within 7-10 days.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was finally able to update Uconnect through the website, as it's back up. I was pleasantly surprised at how much changed. Definitely a good update. Now I can finally update my maps!

·
Registered
14 Posts
As previously noted, I had my local Chrysler dealer install the required software update as a prerequisite to purchasing the Map update for my 2015 Chrysler 200C (w/Nav system). Today (22 days from the order date), I received my 2017 'Here' Uconnect Navigation Map Update and I'm happy to report that the installation from the supplied USB drive was successful. The installation involved (a) obtaining a Request Code that appears when the USB is inserted into the car, then (b) going to their activation website to enter the product serial number, VIN and my email address to obtain an email Activation Code, which I then (c) entered into the installation screen of the car, that (d) kicked off the installation process which took about 90+ minutes. I left the car running in my driveway for the entire time, which prompted a concerned neighbor to stop by to check if there was a problem. Other than that, the installation was uneventful. The installation program provides a progress indicator. Once the update is complete, you have to power the car off and on a couple times to finalize the installation. Suffice it to say, I am really happy to have current navigation information to rely upon. However, the proof will be in the driving and hopefully Chrysler will provide new map updates every couple years.

·
Registered
769 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
$99 for map upgrade! Not sure if its a sale or the normal price going forward. Ordered mine today!
I've had the update for less than a year and it already is out of date for a reconstructed major intersection north of Toledo. Would have had me exiting on to I75 instead of I280 if I listened to it. Of course this lack of performance is pretty much inevitable with this 20 year-old technology model.

An entirely better way to update navigation maps is needed, other than a once every three years, one year out of date already, $100, hassle to install kludge. Of course one already exists - Google Maps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't have any promotional code , as it was said I think it is a dealership thinghy that we can't benefit from. Searched a lot on Google for any codes and nope

61 - 80 of 96 Posts