Chrysler 200 Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
It's not really a 'dealership thingy'. When you buy the update they send you a update USB stick with instructions and you install it yourself. As I recall it's takes about an hour or so. With that kind of cost I don't think I will be buying another one. I'm retired now so the wife and I don't stray too far from home. I should mention also that the update is specific to YOUR car and the USB update on the stick does expire.

In my case I purchased the update in Oct last year and installed it no problem. Then in April of this year I had my radio module replaced under warranty. During the radio replacement I lost my update as it reverted back to the original GPS version. I thought, no prob as I had the stick and all I had to do was reinstall it. It unfortunately would not install as it came back to me as being expired. I then had to contact Here in the US for a new code which took about two months or more. I had to send copies of all the paperwork for the replacement radio.

I think the answer is that the 'Here' GPS system, although out of date somewhat, will take you to the general area of where you want to be and my iPhone maps will fill in the last details without eating up much data.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got 2018 map update on eBay for a better price. Down the files to an USB drive, supply them with the uconnect code for your radio, and then they send you the key to unlock the files.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I got 2018 map update on eBay for a better price. Down the files to an USB drive, supply them with the uconnect code for your radio, and then they send you the key to unlock the files.
Do you have a link to the eBay update?

·
Registered
769 Posts
2019 map update is available as of December 02, 2019.
I don't think it's worth the cost. They want USD $149 + $30 shipping to Canada. That converts to around $240 CAD.

I'll use my iPhone thank you.

·
Registered
769 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
I just bought it, $172 total, not cheap, but this is a one time thing only, my map dates back to 2013, car was built in 2014, so it's worth it to me.

I will keep you posted when I install it, to see if it went smoothly.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Question: it says I have to have my system up to date before updating the map, I have 18.11.07, latest is 18.45.01, so will that be a problem updating the map?

·
Super Moderator
1,819 Posts
Question: it says I have to have my system up to date before updating the map, I have 18.11.07, latest is 18.45.01, so will that be a problem updating the map?
You may want to check out this thread. It won't answer your question, but it explains why some of us aren't getting the USB stick to update ourselves and what you can do about it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I got my 2019 map package, it comes in a box similar to a DVD case, instruction's manual and a USB stick.

So far I only did the activation online to get the code and it went through, I got the code, I was afraid I might not get it since it says I have to have the latest software version to activate it, and I have 18.11.07, but I read in another thread that 18.45.01 is the current one, perhaps in Canada when they do updates via USB, but in the U.S. we get updates OTA, which I always installed I soon as I got notified.

I have included the manual for you guys to see, I'll do the update tomorrow morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just did it, went well, took one hour and 40 minutes from the time I entered the code to download it all, I was in my garage with the garage door open and hood open too.

It saved all my favorite locations, so nothing was messed up as a result of updating, so I'm happy about that.

Here are some pictures for reference, my old map was from 2012, but this one is "2019", but shows 2018.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Disappointing that new maps are already a year old, from 2nd quarter 2018

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here Navigation which does the maps for Chrysler 8.4 Nav systems has a new map update available. Last years part # is 03562-0060-809NAM this years is 03562-0060-909NAM

81 - 96 of 96 Posts