Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I’ve noticed my car is shaking at idle. Perfectly smooth anything off idle and I’ve not noticed any drop in performance or fuel mileage. I have a V6 with 71,000 miles. I had always noticed a little stumbling at idle and told my dealer numerous times but as usual they just blew it off. But now it has become more pronounced. But of course I’m out of warranty except for my CPO powertrain. I’ve used my OBD scanner and AlfaOBD, but there are no codes being thrown. It definitely feels like I have a misfire or perhaps a weak injector? I didn’t know if anybody would have any ideas. I do know that my EGR solenoid is loud but from what I understand that’s “normal”. Any help is appreciated thing to check out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have experienced this at the beginning.
missing at idle from time to time.

They bled the coolant and since then (3 years now) no more idle problem.

Check if your coolant is below the minimum. Mine was and i had the idle issue.
It worth checking.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the coolant and I was low, I topped it off. I guess we’ll see if that helps. I had my car st the dealer today and they wanted $117 to diagnose it (which without a code or check engine light, is Chrysler for No Problem Found). But they found I need a radiator since that’s leaking but not covered under my cpo warranty:-/

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So since I haven’t really had any response to my post and the dealership is going to be useless unless I have a check engine light. I took it upon myself to do upper and lower intake manifold gaskets and spark plugs this weekend. Didn’t seem like it helped out the problem until I went for a drive and it seems to be a little bit better, so fingers crossed. I did find a lot of metal shavings in my oil filter though, has anyone ever seen this before? Also I’m including pictures of the spark plugs at 72K.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I can’t delete or edit my last post so here’s what it’s supposed to be:

So since I haven’t really had any response to my post and the dealership is going to be useless unless I have a check engine light. But even after a reset I DO have misfires on cylinder #3. I replaced the spark plug and switched the coil, everything still happens on number 3. I took it upon myself to do upper and lower intake manifold gaskets and spark plugs this weekend. Didn’t seem like it helped out the problem until I went for a drive and it seems to be a little bit better, so fingers crossed. I did find a lot of metal shavings in my oil filter though, has anyone ever seen this before? Also I’m including pictures of the spark plugs at 72K.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
Smokey0210
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing