Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks First200! I def could of tideyed up before i took the pics but i live in New England, its 10 degrees outside, i'd rather drive around in my nice warm car listening to my new CAI than stand outside with a hose, lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
where did you purchase the cold air intake? is it a kit from MOPAR? what is the part number?
thanks for any info
Fred

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are many places to get the CAI. I bought mine at moparsupercenter.com

77070048 Cold Air Intake System, 2011 and 2012 3.6L Avenger/200

Easy to install. Sounds great.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered it through a chrysler dealership, i got it at cost because i know a guy but i think they are around $275-$300, totally worth it! The growl it gives the 200 is amazing, even after i put on the Mopar catback exhaust it has a **** of a growl! Install is very straight forward, took me less than half an hour in my garage...i am very pleased with it untouchable, i might however fab up a plastic heatshield to either go around or replace the metal shield the kit provides...

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
I ordered it through a chrysler dealership, i got it at cost because i know a guy but i think they are around $275-$300, totally worth it! The growl it gives the 200 is amazing, even after i put on the Mopar catback exhaust it has a **** of a growl! Install is very straight forward, took me less than half an hour in my garage...i am very pleased with it untouchable, i might however fab up a plastic heatshield to either go around or replace the metal shield the kit provides...
Well, if you do fab up another i will happily buy your factory mopar one.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only difference i noticed was sound and throttle response, but you can get the throttle reponse anytime you want you just have to reset the computer, but the "growl", never heard anything like it! Couple that with the exhaust, im tellin you its amazing, costly i know but worth every penny! bottom line is your never goin to get any real "gains" unless they come out with a tune package, our cars come stock with plenty of power though and in my humble opinion, when you add stuff like intakes and exhausts, the sound you get makes you feel like you made some significant power upgrades, what im saying is if your car sounds [email protected], then you feel [email protected], regardless of gains!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
True enough man, true enough! Even though I do look forward to the day when we can add some pre-made go faster parts.

Along those lines, I have a buddy who does custom build cars of all kinds, I told him what I have and he thinks it quite possible to fab up a true ram air CAI. If/when this comes to fruition, I'll be sure to show and tell all about it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, when something comes out that will actually give us some gains i will be All Over IT! haha. Would love to see it, i've been kickin around some ideas but my thing is i dont want a hood scoop, i want just like nostrils if you know what i mean. I have a video of a GTR that has the exact setup i want, problem is a have to do all the blueprints, make the cuts, install is the least of my worries, lol, so on and so forth, nothing actually feasible has come up yet, without a scoop anyhow. I would still like to see one, might change my mind...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nostrils are exactly what we have in mind, like I said, he does all sorts of custom builds so the work won't be an issue, him finding time to do a job for a friend for free.... Well, that might be an issue, lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 36 Posts