Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed this Mopar CAI on a 2015 200S? I saw in a thread here where someone did. It was in "Exterior" Forum. This seems more appropriate place.
There's no pictures of the part. But I have to believe it requires some engine compartment mods. Am I wrong about this?
Some questions:
- Is it dealer installable?
- Does it void warranty?
- How does it sound...?
- What are real HP gains expected?
- Any expected MPG increase..?

Here is the parts link: http://www.moparamerica.com/oe-mopar/77070109

·
Registered
562 Posts
Has anyone installed this Mopar CAI on a 2015 200S? I saw in a thread here where someone did.
Minus Chrysler engineers...no one has installed one since it hasn't been released. Obviously some of your questions (such as warranty) are easily answered since it will be a Mopar part (when it comes out).

Search for the Mopar-accessorized 2015 200 if you're interested in pics of what it looks like.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Cold air intakes on there own have little performance value, you would need a tune to exploit, if any, performance benefits. Several tests have shown that it can sometimes end up giving less hp than with the stock intake.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Any Mopar part that is purchaed from an authorized Mopar supplier or dealership comes with the warranty as well. Also, if you have it installed at a dealership or repair location it is also covered by a warranty as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,441 Posts
If you didn't like the outcome of the torque tube, I don't think you will like it. It eliminates the intake resonator attached to the TB. It's basically same thing but with the top of the airbox open and sealed to the hood with a reusable cone air filter, so it should be much louder than the Torque Tube with the stock airbox.

I don't know if you disconnected your battery or not before you installed your last intake but if you didn't, that could be why.

·
Super Moderator
2,441 Posts
The Mopar intake for the 3.6 Charger is 50 state legal so - probably? I would think California would be the only place you'd have to worry about anything like that anyway.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The kit comes with a CARB [California Air Resources Board] sticker to affix to the underside of the hood. This will allow the car to be smog tested with the cold-air intake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
has anyone noticed a mpg decrease with the mopar CAI? mine went down and I dont have a lead foot
only thing I did is I cleaned the IAT sensor with some ethanol since it was covered in oil....

·
Registered
67 Posts
The owner's manual says to replace the conventional "flat" engine air filter every 30,000 miles. However, the CAI kit comes with a tapered filter and I wonder how long you go between changes. Can it be blown out & reused?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The owner's manual says to replace the conventional "flat" engine air filter every 30,000 miles. However, the CAI kit comes with a tapered filter and I wonder how long you go between changes. Can it be blown out & reused?
I've always believed you can't over maintain a vehicle, so I'm sure some people would disagree with me. I change/wash mine every 2nd oil change (10000km). Having said that, do a visual inspection during your maintenance, if it is full of bugs/debris and dusty, it's a good time to change it. Just brush it clean with a paint brush then wash it with warm soapy water, rinse with clean water and let fully dry. Don't use an air compressor as it can damage the filter. that's my $.02.

·
Registered
84 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
For me I feel when you get on it you can hear the air more but when at light throttle there really is no difference. The MPG for me have stayed about the same for my drive. I do not think the instructions I received were that good, they left a lot of little things out but do not feel it was a hard install.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just ordered mine, I’m excited to see how it goes with my Flowmaster exhaust. Right now it’s got a great throaty sound

1 - 20 of 21 Posts