Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just checking and seeing what the 2nd gen 200s with the 2.4L average for mpgs. I live in pittsburgh with lots of hilly terrain and just wondering what everyone else was getting. Im averaging 22mpg the last two fill ups but its been around there for a while. My commute is mostly city but a lot of main roads. Only engine mod is an aem air intake.

·
Super Moderator
1,824 Posts
Our 2015 200, with the 2.4 engine gets around 26 to 29 city and as high as 39 highway.
Everybody will get a different number since no two areas and no two drivers are the same.
Hilly areas and no straight highway miles will lower your average.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my 12 2.4 averages about 23-23. but i do about half city half highway with a slight heavy foot some days. TIP for highways, set your cruise to 50. 30+MPG because 50 is almost as slow as you can go and still stay in 6th gear

·
Registered
54 Posts
My 15 v6 is getting superb fuel econony. Mind you ive been driving it differently now i work farther from home. 50ish miles one way and about 35 of those are a country road doing 63 acc set. The rest is stop and go somewhat. Anyways ive been averaging 33mpg for the past 2 months now. Would never guess that kind of economy in this car

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
814 Posts
Got my best trip fuel mileage so far back in June:

IMG_20190609_184852489.jpg

Combination of interstate 70-75 MPH, city & rural. Think I might have had benefit of tailwind both eastbound and westbound on interstate though.

I guess mine is finally broken in after 5 years of light use.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
1,824 Posts
These cars just get great mileage.
This was from our trip down I-95 to Georgia last year. 800 plus miles each way. 70 mph minimum.
20180319_195749 (2).jpg

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Got my best trip fuel mileage so far back in June:

View attachment 54448

Combination of interstate 70-75 MPH, city & rural. Think I might have had benefit of tailwind both eastbound and westbound on interstate though.

I guess mine is finally broken in after 5 years of light use.:cool:
5 years and you only have 20k miles on it! Impressive! Wow, you could end up keeping that car for a very very long time with only driving 4k miles a year! Yes, I'm jealous, I've been driving 2.5k a month and wow is this getting old.

Fortunetly, my fwd v6 gets very good gas mileage. My combined driving of highway, lots and lots of stop and go on I270 and city driving in the DC region, I still get 31 to 32mpg's. Worst I have ever had, was 18mpgs of pure city driving during very cold weather, my best on 2 different times, the system shown 40.8 mpgs doing nothing but highway on a very ideal conditions. ACTUAL I found out was 39mpgs on two trips.

The computer often reads higher numbers, but general gives 1 or 2mpgs less than it states.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2016 with the 2.4. I live in philly so its a mix of highway and city driving for me...average during the summer using AC is 20-23. I drive to Illinois twice a year to visit family and over 823 miles one way going there i averaged 38.3mpg in 9th gear going between 75-85mph. I fill up before i leave philly and then i usually fill up again in Ohio and i usually make it there with it right between 1/4 and empty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2016 with the 2.4L and I get varying MPGs but chill highway driving around 60ish with the cruise set on hilly, curvy southern OH roads I can get 37+. Strictly highway I got 43 once with cruise pinned at 60 mph, just to see if I could break 40. Lol City is a bit different since once a week I travel home via 120 miles of interstate and that spikes my city MPGs. Average week looks like this for me...after 120 miles of interstate/highway with avg speeds its around 34. After a week of 16 mile a day city commutes to work and back home it's down to 27-29. The numbers you have would give me cause for concern. Hope you get it squared away.

·
Super Moderator
2,441 Posts
Does an intake affect mpg cause im getting awful mileage. I even used royal purple oil to try to get better mpg. Im not even having a heavy foot lately. What else to check? Do i need a tune up?
What kind of intake? Some "performance" intakes are actually worse than the factory setup and can make your car use more fuel and actually lose performance.

22 MPG mostly city isn't really bad considering it's a mid-sized car with a 4cyl. Then again I don't have the 4cyl. I would be happy with 22MPG for city with my V6.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does an intake affect mpg cause im getting awful mileage. I even used royal purple oil to try to get better mpg. Im not even having a heavy foot lately. What else to check? Do i need a tune up?
What kind of intake? Some "performance" intakes are actually worse than the factory setup and can make your car use more fuel and actually lose performance.

22 MPG mostly city isn't really bad considering it's a mid-sized car with a 4cyl. Then again I don't have the 4cyl. I would be happy with 22MPG for city with my V6.
Its an aem air intake. Ill add a photo below. Im right around 20 to 21 avg during mostly city. All hwy i can get decent mpg maybe 30-33.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Its an aem air intake. Ill add a photo below. Im right around 20 to 21 avg during mostly city. All hwy i can get decent mpg maybe 30-33.
Im averaging 24-28 MPG right now and thats mostly city under 50MPH w the a/c on most of the time. My hgwy commute is about 20 mi if I even go that route. (I have options). When I do have a longer hgwy commute the MPG goes up. And my foot gets heavy occasionally:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts