Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello so I’ve been having problems with 2013 Chrysler 200. I’ve put a link of a video so you can see the problem. At first at thought it was the battery and then the alternator. They’re new parts. I took it to a Chrysler dealership and they told me it was the spark plugs and they had a recall part which in total came out to $650. After taking it out the dealership it happened again and they told me it’s was the pcm. But what’s the point of paying for a pcm if it going to be expensive and especially with the labor
iCloud

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
637 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Not battery, alternator or spark plugs. No recall for this that I can see. You might have open recalls for the active head restraints, ORC (occupant restraint controller), fire extinguisher or catalytic converter. The dealer should know which recalls yours may need.

You are referring to the cluster warning lights and speedometer dropping out? That appears to be a CAN communications bus issue. There should be fault codes residing in various modules indicating 'loss of communication' between the control modules on the CAN network.

There is a remote possibility of the PCM being at fault. It is also on the bus. If they are absolutely sure of their diagnosis, it may need one. You don't want to 'guess' when an expensive part is involved.
Have they actually witnessed the failure for themselves?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts