Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I’m new at this forum
First of all thanks for everyone who helping other people in this forum
My problem is with my wife’s new car just bought last weekend 2015 Chrysler 200C v6
Check engine light is on because of code U11E9 lost communication with AGS
ACTIVE GRILL SHUTTERS
AT THE SAME TIME the right marker light it’s not working which is both are connected to the same harness
The fan it’s always in running condition
No high temperature it’s just normal
Any one could help me please and thank you in advance
🙏🙏

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
631 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The fans staying on are a symptom of the fault as the PCM doesn't see the shutter position. The fans default to 'on' for cooling safety.
The dead sidemarker may or may not be related if there is a wiring or connector terminal issue.

See the discussion below. Look through the Possible Causes' of U11E9 here:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forums. The fans staying on are a symptom of the fault as the PCM doesn't see the shutter position. The fans default to 'on' for cooling safety.
The dead sidemarker may or may not be related if there is a wiring or connector terminal issue.

See the discussion below. Look through the Possible Causes' of U11E9 here:
Thanks for the fast response and for your time ,
So you think I have to replace the PCM module? Or the active grill shutter assembly?
Best regards
Qaid

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
631 Posts
Always diagnose first. Don't replace anything yet.
Inspect wiring and connectors. I have found cut, pulled and rubbed-through wiring. Exposed terminals may be corroded. This area takes the brunt of the weather and possible curb hits.
A capable scan tool may help in actuating the AGS module motor to watch it open and close.
A PCM problem would be a distant 3rd and the last-house-on-the-block as far as failures go.
Use the Possible Causes list and tick-off what you can confirm as being 'good'. This will help narrow down what the actual issue is:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts