Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had lost my chrysler key and i did not know any locksmith service.I was very much confused what to do then my friend suggested me to contact Locksmith boca raton FL for any locksmithing problems then i informed them and they came and solve my problem.Such a wonderful experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Minimum valet key in a box at home somewhere. it won't do anything but worst case it unlocks the doors if you can get the dealer to program a new key to the vehicle or techstream it may worst,carry your VIN to the Coral Springs Locksmith and they will cut you a new key and you pay list for the first one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I asked about this locally and you can get the keys for like $70 or so and most locksmiths will program it for an extra $40-$50.Locksmith Willowbrook are much affordable and made new spare keys within less time.Once you do the second key you can do the 3rd yourself. I wanna say you can have up to 4 keys, I think thats what my manual said.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a "valet key" from the dealer for $50 as opposed to the full key fob which is close to $200. You need to give the dealer your VIN# and for some reason they also needed my registration. The valet key is a plastic key that works the doors and ignition so it will get you in and to the dealer in case you lock out or lose the other key. I was told that unless you use the regular key fob regularly it will die since it wont have a chance to recharge in the ignition... so you would have to go back and forth between keys or it would die and defeat the purpose and now i refuse to go to dealer and now i contact to *** and they provide me affordable and easy service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think in all honesty it depends on how big of a crook the particular dealer you go to is. As I understand it if you have both keys you can program additional ones on your own. (per the owners manual) When I bought my 2013 it only had 1 key with it, the dealer I got it from wanted $150 for another key and $50 for programming. He also told me that if I bought one online and had it cut by someone else it would still only cost me the $50 programming fee. My dad went through the same thing getting a second key for his 2012 Mustang, the local Ford dealer did not charge extra to program a key he bought from ebay and had cut elsewhere.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got my key for my 2012 200 HT Conv from E-Bay for like $30. It came with instructions on how to program it. I went to a hardware store to have them cut the key and then did the hokey pokey dance to program it. You did have to have one good one to do it.

It does everything the factory key does including the remote top down function.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Batteries+Bulbs have a sign in their window that they sell and program these keys... have not tried though. When we bought ours used it only had one key & cost me a mint to get one & program it.. plus it took almost two weeks (but at least I have a key)
I tried to get the seller (not Chrysler dealer) to throw in a key.. no luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tried to get the seller (not Chrysler dealer) to throw in a key.. no luck!
Not surprised to hear that! A similar thing happened to me and I figure that its simply because the sellers (second-hand sellers or dealerships) usually do not have an additional key on hand and never wanted to spend any money to have one made. Depending on what I need to get done with the key, I either go to a locksmith or reach out to a dealership to help me out. On my off days I go to the local hardware store, but this is usually just for the key blank. I try to gauge the prices before I figure out where I want to go and this helps give me a rough estimate: http://united-locksmith.net/blog/how-much-does-it-cost-for-car-key-duplication
It's not always accurate though, because I have paid a lot more to get my transponder key programmed.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Check eBay.

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
183 Posts
Key codes are generally a 4-digit code. AKA the Accessory key code.
The dealer parts counter can look it up if you show up in person. Be prepared to provide identification and proof that you own the car.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts