Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I attached the window sticker....Its a new 2016 leftover with 20 miles and seems to have everything but AWD. Dealer asked me to make an offer as they want it GONE. What should I offer??

Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Average certified pre-owned price with 20 miles according to KBB is $22,264. I would low ball at 20k and let the negotiations go from there. They're letting you start with the ball in your court...score a deal!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the same options on my '16 200C platinum and it has been great. Bought mine new last June after it sat on the lot for a year. Paid $29,500 including all fees and it had an MSRP of $36,460. It is now 9 months and two model years later. I would expect a discount of at least 40% off of sticker, plus fees. Do not pay for any add-ons such as door edge guards, nitrogen in the tires etc. I know that some dealers were dumping poorly equipped [not many options] 200's at 50% off but a dealer would rather wait for someone else to come along rather than sell it to you for that. Good luck with whatever you decide - keep us posted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the dealer apparently doesn't want it gone as bad as they told me on the phone....I offered $23,000 they came back next day with...."Offer something closer to $28K....I think way too much!!

Craig

·
Registered
27 Posts
So the dealer apparently doesn't want it gone as bad as they told me on the phone....I offered $23,000 they came back next day with...."Offer something closer to $28K....I think way too much!!

Craig
Hah! Ridiculous. Are you still in talks with them? Ask them what they think the blue book value of the car should be. Surely you'll get an interesting response.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hah! Ridiculous. Are you still in talks with them? Ask them what they think the blue book value of the car should be. Surely you'll get an interesting response.
No, when they stated...."Its a $38,000 we reduced $10,000" I responded with "Its a two model year old car that's been discontinued and its worth under $20K as soon as I drove it off your lot".....Conversation ended.

Craig

·
Registered
562 Posts
No, when they stated...."Its a $38,000 we reduced $10,000" I responded with "Its a two model year old car that's been discontinued and its worth under $20K as soon as I drove it off your lot".....Conversation ended.

Craig
They may call you back soon with a better offer. If you ever get it, ask for oil change, oil is supposed to be changed once a year regardless of miles driven.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Was this negotiation over the phone, or were you at the dealer? When I bought mine last June, there was still some factory support for the discounts in that a dealer could select an individual car in inventory to get a 15% factory rebate. Since I got over $10,000 off from MSRP, half of that discount was from Chrysler. Now the dealer is looking at a loss. Although it really is not a loss since it must be viewed as an overall picture where the dealer made money selling cars but is going to take a bath on this one. If it were me, I would have a check in hand as payment in full [or financing pre-arranged] for a total of $25,000 out-the-door. Money talks and bullshit walks and I bet they would accept it. And never debate or ask questions of a car salesperson because all it does is let them know you are too stupid to realize that everything they say is a lie, or at least to their advantage. Also, the suggestion that the oil be changed on a car that has sat for over a year is a good one. Mine sat for that long and I had the service manager check and he had me bring the car in for a free oil change.

·
Registered
757 Posts
This car in two years old already. $22,000

·
Registered
562 Posts
This car in two years old already. $22,000
More if you check the Build Date, mine is a 2015, but it was built 5/14, so it's almost 4 years old.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts