Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did the LED tail light conversion using the Putco bulbs suggested by user "JPierce" (Thanks!!) They work GREAT! No hyper flashing, no errors, nothing! Just that good old instant on/off effect. I love it.

I haven't been able to dig up any video of a comparison between LED and stock for our cars, so I made one and hopefully anyone on the fence can benefit from it.

Bulbs: http://www.amazon.com/Putco-247440R-360-7440-Plasma-Bulb/dp/B009FTLPT2

Putco 2474400-360 (Make sure to get RED as if you get white, your tails could look pink).

Video of the bulb comparison:

·
Registered
774 Posts
I noticed in the video that one of your lights comes on a fraction before the other.

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed in the video that one of your lights comes on a fraction before the other.
That's the point of the video, haha. The bulb on the left is LED, the bulb on the right is stock. The video shows the difference between the two. I installed the LED bulb in the right side after I took the video, and now they blink at the same time. :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Thank you for the explanation Josh. Looks good.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks good man! Glad I could help out! These seem to be the best bulbs to get without having to run a resistor, glad they worked out for you

·
Registered
187 Posts
I used the link and amazon says it does not fit 2015! Can you verify the part number please? Also did you have to make any mods to the bulb or the connector? Thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
He's right. I did the search last week, and was also told they wouldn't fit. I believe that they actually do, but wondered if any modification was needed.

·
Registered
169 Posts
They WILL fit, it told me the same thing, im guessing its saying that because its an LED bulb and not a tradition replacement halogen. I promise these do work and they work great, especially if you have tinted taillights like I do

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, it says they won't fit but they absolutely will. No modification at all. Just pull out the stock light, insert LED, put the tail light back on and you're good to go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just installed the Putco LEDs on my 200. The first set was defective so I returned them to Amazon for replacement. The second set works fine. I like the look.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Well, after reading this thread I went ahead and purchased the suggested Putco bulbs from Amazon. I live in Canada but bought them via their US site. Why you say? Well here's why.

The US site ...
Capturea.JPG
Now the same item from their Canadian site ...
Capture.JPG

But then you say well with the exchange rate it probably works out the same. For me to go buy $67.90 USD it would cost me ..
Global.JPG

Methinks you Americans are spoiled .... lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have been wanting to order some. Do you have a link to the particular product page you could share or PM? I'm in Canada as well and was pretty discouraged by the pricing on the Canadian site.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have been wanting to order some. Do you have a link to the particular product page you could share or PM? I'm in Canada as well and was pretty discouraged by the pricing on the Canadian site.
I'm not sure if you were asking me but HERE is the link to the US site ....

·
Registered
16 Posts
When you hit the brakes, does the strip light come on at the same time, or is there a bit of a delay between the two?

·
Registered
774 Posts
I believe the 'strip light' is your tail lights and your stop light are a separate light (in the center of the strip light).

HERE is the video from the first post in this thread. You can see they are separate lights.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When you hit the brakes, does the strip light come on at the same time, or is there a bit of a delay between the two?
The strip of light is always on when your lights are on. It doesn't blink, get brighter when you brake, nothing. It's just on. The bulb in between the strips acts as your brake lights and blinkers in one

1 - 20 of 82 Posts