Chrysler 200 Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
That UConnect 17.11.07 is the new update rolling out in the USA, yes.
Look at your service bulletin too http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0804717.pdf

I think we're getting progress!
Let's be optimistic for 5 minutes here.
What if we really are getting the map updates after 2 1/2 year. (Probably 3 for some people), will Chrysler charge us for the first update ? :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
NAFTA is "north America", The United States, including Mexico and Canada.
Yes that's what I told them too, but after speaking with my dealer twice last week and the week before, I finally convinced them to call corporate and FCA told them last week that FOR NOW, it is a US only update. there was no way for my Canadian dealership to get this update for me even though I am experiencing 4 of the issues listed as being fixed by this update (black screen, lost of time, screen freezing, and bad tuner performance). After the call, my dealer decided to replace my headunit since they couldn't have the update. At that point, they had refused to replace it for 18 months. So good news is I will get a new headunit this week but bad news is that we, in Canada, won't get this update for now and they didn't have an ETA.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Regarding the UConnect update;

Earlier in this thread, the service bulletin for the USA Flash Over The Air update UConnect 17.11.7 was given and it does mention "NAFTA (US only)" : http://www.wk2jeeps.com/Misc/Cherokee/KL_TSB/KL_08_028_17.pdf

And yesterday, I checked with my VIN if I had any UConnect updates, it showed me the UConnect 17.11.7 via USB or by a dealer with this service bulletin which mentions "NAFTA (Canada and Mexico only)" : http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0804717.pdf

That's why I said it's the same update because they both say version 17.11.7. In any case, I installed the 17.11.7 version yesterday in my car without any issues.

---

I still cross fingers and pray that we get maps updated soon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Excuse this double post, I made a small error.

My vehicule is a 2016, and the service bulletin regarding 2016 models is the TSB-08-46-17 : http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0804617.pdf
Matrix21's vehicule is a 2015, and the service bulleting regarding 2015 models is the TSB-08-47-17 : http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0804717.pdf

Long story short, both bulletins show the same thing basically, and the 17.11.07 UConnect update is getting sent to both years from what I see. I'm guessing the update will be sent to all canadian vehicules soon enough.

- You can check if the update is available for your vehicule using your VIN on this website, and get instructions on how to install it yourself (or just go to a dealer) : https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/

Here is the prompt I got when I plugged in the usb key with the update :
19415672_10155708975801412_1210631967_n.jpg

And here is my version number in the parameters to show I did finish the update :
19398877_10155708975941412_2001457438_n.jpg

·
Registered
747 Posts
Same here aksyssan. My radio now shows version 17-11-07.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
NAFTA is "north America", The United States, including Mexico and Canada.
I'm fully aware what NAFTA stands for.

Now would there be a reason to put (Mexico and Canada only ) if everyone was included in this website downloadable one ?

Do you get the option to download it (living in NJ) ??

·
Super Moderator
1,768 Posts
FCA / Chrysler is now downloading updates to UConnect "over the air".
My 2016 Challenger updated 2 weeks ago and now runs 17-11-07.
The 2015 200 my wife drives has not updated yet. ( newest models are getting the updates first )
NAFTA means those vehicles in the USA. Canada and Mexico are included. If a customer complains of a condition as advised in the TSB, a dealer can perform that update.

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
I'm fully aware what NAFTA stands for.

Now would there be a reason to put (Mexico and Canada only ) if everyone was included in this website downloadable one ?

Do you get the option to download it (living in NJ) ??
In fact, Chrysler produced 2 different updates. the first one was for NAFTA/US ONLY and is the one that is delivered over the air to the US cars. The second one, has a different TSB number and is for NAFTA/Canada and Mexico and should be a dealer only update, meaning us Canadians and Mexicans will have to go to the dealer and prove that we are having issues with our cars to receive the update. That being said, Chrysler published the Canadian/Mexican update by mistake on the Uconnect website for a few hours and a few members were lucky enough to check for updates during that time and managed to download it. I have both MY15 and MY16 updates on my computer at home and I will look for an easy way to share them here for those who want to install.

·
Registered
137 Posts
In fact, Chrysler produced 2 different updates. the first one was for NAFTA/US ONLY and is the one that is delivered over the air to the US cars. The second one, has a different TSB number and is for NAFTA/Canada and Mexico and should be a dealer only update, meaning us Canadians and Mexicans will have to go to the dealer and prove that we are having issues with our cars to receive the update. That being said, Chrysler published the Canadian/Mexican update by mistake on the Uconnect website for a few hours and a few members were lucky enough to check for updates during that time and managed to download it. I have both MY15 and MY16 updates on my computer at home and I will look for an easy way to share them here for those who want to install.
As a matter of fact, the latest update is now gone from the Uconnect system update page (linked to my VIN).
I got it just in time a few days ago.

All i'm missing is the map update! :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)

Which is exactly what I was stating as these were ( in essence) two different updates with two different criteria at that time. One being able to be downloaded for only CA and MX owners (at that time) and the one future OTA update for the U.S.

It was important to distinct the two for future readers since the download was never even up for a short time (for the U.S) given I attempted to check multiple times when some CA owners stated they got theirs.

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
Which is exactly what I was stating as these were ( in essence) two different updates with two different criteria at that time. One being able to be downloaded for only CA and MX owners (at that time) and the one future OTA update for the U.S.

It was important to distinct the two for future readers since the download was never even up for a short time (for the U.S) given I attempted to check multiple times when some CA owners stated they got theirs.
And I would add to that that the update for MY15 and MY16 are different, so do not try a MY16 update on a MY15 car as you can possibly brick your unit. Files are different sizes and modules called are different.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi All,
I have a 2017 with the 8.4 (no live traffic) package which includes NAV. The built in Chrysler NAV system works pretty well for me because I use it for long trip where traffic congestion usually isn't a problem. Now it seems that congestion is getting to be more of a problem and I'm needing the real-time traffic updates. (which the 8.4 won't do) So what I'm doing first is plugging my destination into the Chrysler NAV for a visual reference on my screen. Then I plug my phone in USB with Google Maps programmed to the same location. I have the Chrysler NAV volume off. I have the Google maps volume on. So now I can see my route using the Chrysler NAV but get real-time audio turn-by-turn through the Google Maps. When the two conflict I go with the audio for the real-time advice. Sometimes I run the operation through bluetooth so I can listen to both music ect ect (from my phone) through my system AND the turn-by-turn Google directions. When a turn (or speed trap) notification comes on, my Google Maps automatically silences the music, give me my the notification and then turns the music back up...and that's my system.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts