Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we need to add a vehicle to the house and always liked the new style of the 200. Very sexy.

So been shopping for a bit and found a LOADED 2015 200C AWD with only 9,750 miles. It has about every option you can get on it to my knowledge short of maybe wheels?

I attached a snippet of the window sticker illustrating the content. Looking for advice on what to pay.

Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a very similar car, purchased it July of 16 with 19k miles.

Mine had the 19 wheels and lunar pearl paint so about 1500 more sticker price than that one.

I paid 19300 I believe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tanked, Thanks for your reply. Was $19,300 out the door after all taxes and fees or before? How do you like the car?

Craig

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tanked, Thanks for your reply. Was $19,300 out the door after all taxes and fees or before? How do you like the car?

Craig
This was sale price, I love the car personally.

Remember I purchased in July of 16 with 19k miles so that will affect pricing differences.

Take a look at nada to get an idea of suggested retail that is what banks will use to determine lending

Have you checked Carfax and everything else on the vehicle. Where are you looking to get it from

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have checked carfax and it is clean. It was a Chrysler loaner vehicle since new. Went into service in Nov 2016 so its about 1.5 years into the warranty. With tax, tag out the door I'm looking at $19,500. I have to make a trip out of state to get it but we have family in the area so its a bonus trip and an adventure.

Considering the content of this loaded "C", its alot of car for under $20 grand I think.

Craig

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
I have seen them a little cheaper, but with more miles.
Always bargain for more. The 200's don't sell well for some reason, so you hold the upper edge in negotiations.
Ask them to throw in an FCA "Max-Care" service contract that will extend the time and mileage on possible repairs to 8 years and 120K.
I would buy that car all day for that deal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
$19,500 out the door seems pretty good for the miles it has.

Where I live with taxes and fees the sale price is about 18,000 to hit 19,500 out the door

18k is about 4,500 below book value so pretty good

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
For almost $20k, you might want to check out an AWD Ford Fusion (are we allowed to use the 'f' word here? ��). Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my 200, but I only paid $12k, and remember they aren't making them anymore (although I don't think that is too big a deal). I just did a quick search and found 2 loaded fusions within 100 miles of where I live (central NY), one a 2017, one a 2016, awd, leather, nav, for $20k and $19k. And that's before negotiating! Just an idea... the car you're looking at is a very nice deal. Push for the warranty if you can. If they throw that in, you're very lucky!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about this deal?

OK....Got my sites on another one.....2016 200C Platinum AWD. Not exactly sure what "Platinum" brings to the table but thats whats on the window sticker.....Car was first sold(internal dealership sale) in December 2017 and has 130 miles so technically used. Here's my sales breakdown should I decide to pull the trigger:

Price $19,795
Dealer fee $300
Temp Tag $20
Drive off lot: $20,115

Will pay sales tax, title and Registration when I bring it to my home state. I'll attach sticker for this car.

Craig

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
OK....Got my sites on another one.....2016 200C Platinum AWD. Not exactly sure what "Platinum" brings to the table but thats whats on the window sticker.....Car was first sold(internal dealership sale) in December 2017 and has 130 miles so technically used. Here's my sales breakdown should I decide to pull the trigger:

Price $19,795
Dealer fee $300
Temp Tag $20
Drive off lot: $20,115

Will pay sales tax, title and Registration when I bring it to my home state. I'll attach sticker for this car.

Craig
Personally, I think that is a killer deal. Essentially a new car for 15K under MSRP.
I would still add a Mopar service contract. To me, that car would then be perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts