Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This update contains the following improvements and or additions:
-Enhanced performance in Navigation, HD radio, AM/FM sound quality, and Voice Recognition
-Enables VIA-Mobile (for customers running software prior to 13.48.3)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I downloaded and updated it just a bit ago. Noticed a few things and also in XM I see album covers now displayed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I definitely see a better response time with the NAV, no lockups like I had previously experienced. Also when looking up traffic spots, NAV used to lock up; this seems to have been corrected with this update. XM now shows album covers when available, and there is a neat graphic of the earth when NAV is being activated. A must-have update for any 200 buyers that got their vehicles earlier like me (June, 2014)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Do you need to download this to a completely empty USB drive? Or can I use the flashdrive with all of my MP3s on it and still get it to work?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would use an empty one, sometimes the car when it searches for the update file can get confused with mp3 files/folders. I did ours this way. I have a spare 8 gig one I use just for the updates.

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
Chrysler recommends using an empty one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
downloaded the Akamai program, installed the program, at the end of the install I hit CLOSE, then nothing happens after that. Nothing pops up and start the actual update, there is no program installed in the program file folder. I'm using window 8. anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
562 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ran this the day I took the car home from the dealer - had to add it to trusted sites and to compatibility view lists in IE to get it to finally download.

Update took 7-10 minutes, 11 different parts. The screen did all sorts of weird stuff when it was starting and I figured I just bricked my new car. It was fine though. I was also paranoid opening the door would stop the update, but you're fine to get out of the car while it's running.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What are we talking $5 for a 2GB thumb drive? All you need. Once the RAR file is loaded to 8.4 then format the thumb drive and keep it in a handy place. I have had 2 updates to 8.4 AN in my 2013 Ram 2500. I use the same thumb drive reformatted every time. Chances are you will have updates in the future

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a 2013 200 and I had to buy a $164 disc that has to be shipped to my house for updated maps. I wish the Nav unit was a Tom Tom. The Garmin can't find it's way out of wet paper bag. Hopefully the updated map is better. I live in Salt Lake City.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I resurrected an old laptop running XP with Explorer 8 and after several tries I was able to get the update to download, the install went fine but when I tried to run it it would just hang, then all of a sudden it downloaded, just for the heck I tried it on a mac and the iso file downloaded without a hitch

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a 2013 200 and I had to buy a $164 disc that has to be shipped to my house for updated maps. I wish the Nav unit was a Tom Tom. The Garmin can't find it's way out of wet paper bag. Hopefully the updated map is better. I live in Salt Lake City.
This has nothing to do with updated maps nor a 2013 Chrysler 200...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
13 Participants
EstoyLoco
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing