Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CHRYSLER 200S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

Long time MOPAR owner / enthusiast here. I recently picked up this 2015 Chrysler 200S in Vivid Blue Pearl in mint condition from my local Chrysler dealer, with only 22,000 US/miles (35 406 kilometers) on the odometer. It's a one-owner (previous), local vehicle that was NOT brought in from parts unknown.

I admit to being new to the FCA CUS-Wide platform, so I have much to learn.

I recently came from a fully-loaded, completely-spec'd out vehicle that I suffered many issues both large and small, rendering the vast majority of those "niceties" inoperable. When I was shopping for a vehicle this time, my focus was more on low miles and EXCELLENT condition, which at this point is more important to me than toys. I looked at countless C trim models for sale but decided in the end after my last experience that I'd rather settle for low miles and a vehicle in impeccable good shape with less toys at this point.

Thank you in advance for all the help I'm sure you all will be.

As we say in the motorcycling world...

Keep the rubber side down!

- Chris

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
Welcome Chris! I like that photo.

Reactions: Chrysler1924

·
Registered
2015 CHRYSLER 200S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went for a walk today around the complex and discovered that there are two more here! Had to come back for the requisite groupie shots...

·
Registered
2016 Chrysler 200s 2.4L
112 Posts
Do you have the 4cyl or V6?
I have your blue hood on my black 2016 200s... I bought the car salvaged/wrecked and could only find a used blue hood :p... I do like the metalic blue color though... Paint will come a little later...

If you have problems with the transmission shifting from 4th to 5th there is a software upgrade to address this problem... The transmission in my 2016 is different than older cars I have and the shifting will not be like older cars... It is programmed for gas mileage as is the rest of the car...It may take a while to get used to...

Lots of good guys here on this forum but you may have to wait for answers to questions...

All in All I'm pleased with my rebuilt 200s...
Dave

·
Registered
2015 CHRYSLER 200S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine has the 3.6L V6. No shifting issues I've seen. Thank you for the welcome!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi folks,

Long time MOPAR owner / enthusiast here. I recently picked up this 2015 Chrysler 200S in Vivid Blue Pearl in absolutely mint condition from my local Chrysler dealer, with only 22,000 US/miles (35 406 kilometers) on the odometer. It's a one-owner (previous), local vehicle that was NOT brought in from parts unknown.

I admit to being new to the FCA CUS-Wide platform, but I am excited to learn.

I recently came from a fully-loaded, completely-spec'd out vehicle that I suffered many issues both large and small, rendering the vast majority of those "niceties" inoperable. When I was shopping for a vehicle this time, my focus was more on low miles and EXCELLENT condition, which at this point is more important to me than toys. I looked at countless C trim models for sale but decided in the end after my last experience that I'd rather settle for low miles and a vehicle in impeccable good shape with less toys at this point.

That being said, the S has a lot of what I want and I simply count my blessings to even be able to have such a nice vehicle in the first place, when there are many people in this world who don't, especially right now.

Thank you in advance for all the help I'm sure you all will be.

As we say in the motorcycling world...

Keep the rubber side down!

- Chris
Welcome Chris I like the blue. If mine wasn’t black, I’d have the blue! Very nice on that blue! Here’s a pic I recently took to post. When you get some time, checkout my YouTube channel, I took my car to a race course where I’m from and it did amazing. Great help to n this forum, welcome..

Attachments

Reactions: Chrysler1924

·
Registered
2015 CHRYSLER 200S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind welcome everyone. I appreciate it.

Unfortunately I have been less and less impressed with my own 200 and have come to dislike the vehicle tremendously. I'm stuck with it at this point, so I'm going to do what I can to try and make it livable until such a time as I can get shed of it. It has some nice lines and looks good from the front. But for me, that's where the good runs out.

·
Registered
2015 CHRYSLER 200S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What kind of problems are you having ?
Today I was informed by two separate dealers I had look at the car that the transmission is toast. It suffered some sort of clutch failure internally.

And that's only the latest with my rolling heap.

Truly disappointing for 23,000 miles and what looked like to be an immaculately cared for and maintained vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
412 Posts
Was this car purchased as a 'Certified' used car? Any powertrain warranty?

2015 200s 3.6 AWD
152 Posts
Today I was informed by two separate dealers I had look at the car that the transmission is toast. It suffered some sort of clutch failure internally.

And that's only the latest with my rolling heap.

Truly disappointing for 23,000 miles and what looked like to be an immaculately cared for and maintained vehicle.
When was it's in service date ? Mine was built in January of 2015 , but wasn't put on the road until October of 2015 , so I still have a powertrain warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts