Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "no fuse" message in the dash. Radio stays on after I shut of the car & open the door, power locks don't work after I shut off the car and the key fob doesn't work. Any thoughts? I am assuming I blew a fuse, but I can't find it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Your owners manual will describe fuses and function. Your problem does sound like a blown fuse.

·
Super Moderator
2,236 Posts
Hi, I'm just wondering if you ever found the cause of this issue? I have the exact thing happening with my 200 but can't locate the blown fuse....

Thanks!
It would help if you tell us the year of your car.
It can be added under your profile, or in another post.
Most boxes list a fuse number which can be checked in your owners manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting the same 'No Fuse' warning accompanied by a non working KeyFob and other electronics not powered up with the key off. In my case the fuse for the instrument panel is blowing but I can't locate the short. Tried tracing the short using a power probe diagnostic kit but I'm not finding any obvious broken wires or signs of where the short to ground is that could be blowing the fuse. Certainly need to up my skills at tracing these kind of things (it requires too much patience :).
Anyway, with the instrument panel disconnected the trace signal goes away (internal circuitry causing short?) ...so I got a replacement unit but the problem remains...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exact same issue as asnation: noFuse indication on the dash, RKE won't lock/unlock the doors, radio stays on for about 30 sec after I open the door... I checked the IOD fuses and they are ok and seated properly. I found my Instrument Panel fuse was blown. Thought it would be an easy fix, but as soon as I installed a new fuse it blew. Must be a short somewhere. Can anybody point to a common cause for this situation? What wire color is used for that circuit? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2013 Chrysler 200, 2.4L

·
Registered
2 Posts
The IoD fuse (Fuse 14) blows as soon as I fit a new fuse. I have checked the fuse box and on one side I have +12 volts and on the other side there is a short to earth. Is there any way I can isolate patrs of the circuit to find where the fault may be? Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Chrysler 200s 2.4L
166 Posts
Try replacing the fuse with a small 12v lamp with two wires into the fuse slot... The lamp will allow you to search for the offending item...It will light bright until you disconnect the bad item (radio/dash assembly/etc)... Then it will either go out or dim down... The lamp limits the current to the short and saves you from buying a bunch of fuses... No damage to the existing circuitry also... Dave

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,865 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Look on the inside of the PDC (power distribution center) lid for the IOD (ignition-off draw) fuse(s). Also check fuse #14 (10 amp red).
Both sides of the fuse should have +12v.

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Music

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

Font Pole Circle Sign Signage

Auto part Cable Font Machine Wire

1 - 15 of 15 Posts