Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this site. I apologize if this has been covered in advance. I have a 2012 200 Limited with the 4 banger. Sent tipm unit for service to MAK in California. Windshield wiper problem. Put unit back in car. Wiper problem solved. Now no gauges. Did the hard, soft, gauge resets multiple times to no avail. Bought another TIPM unit and installed in car doing hard, soft, gauge reset. No gauges. Everything else works fine. No speedo, tach, gas gauge, digital readout or odometer. Gauges light up and my odometer says I have 700000 some odd miles on car. Always same number. Temp gauge works in lower right along with trip a trip b. Any ideas. Sorry to be long winded but I wanted to get to specifics. Thanks for your help.

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,653 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The instrument cluster gets its gauge & mileage information over the CAN bus. The TIPM is the Gateway module for the bus to all other modules.
How are you resetting the gauges, with the odometer button self-test?
Would a TIPM connector terminal happen to be bent over or pushed out during installation?

Gas Machine Office equipment Electrical wiring Metal

The cluster does many functions of a body control module (BCM) & is called a CNN (cabin compartment node). It can store fault codes like the TIPM. Are there any stored fault codes?
Note that these aren't OBD2 'P' codes and may require an advanced scan tool that can read 'B' or 'U' codes.

Possible faults:
U0155-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH CLUSTER/CCN
U0010-CAN INTERIOR BUS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
200_S_awd. Thanks for the response. No pin connectors appear to be bent. To gauge reset I hold odometer button then turn key to run position. Everything lights up but still no gauges.

·
Administrator
2,653 Posts
If the cluster lights up, it sounds like the powers & grounds are there.
Before condemning the cluster assembly itself, I would scan the TIPM & CCN for fault codes.
Even without the bus, I think that the cluster self-test should move the gauge pointers through their ranges. Do the odometer number segments go through their dance?

I have gotten exchange clusters through United Radio in Syracuse NY. There may be an Authorized Chrysler electronics repair depot in Michigan where you are(?).
The car may be down for a couple of days. This may be closer to you:

·
Administrator
2,653 Posts
Zoom in on the Lt. upper corner. The TIPM supplies the cluster with fused battery and fused ign power. A good ground is also necessary.
Note that the cluster also handles the interior lighting and multifunction switch functions. If these are intact, it looks like a portion of the cluster has failed?
Have you tried cycling power (reboot) to the cluster with a battery disconnect/pause/reconnect?

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts