Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not getting any heat in my car on the passenger side the driver side blows out a little bit of heat i have gotten the thermostat replaced the blend door actuators have been replaced a flush has been done on my car once that was done i started to get heat i noticed that when i am driving the car the heat eventually goes away any suggestions on what my be the problem.

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
802 Posts
Welcome to the forums. By 2013 I believe that Chrysler was using an OAT coolant (must meet Chrysler MS-12106).
The cooling system must be flushed thoroughly and coolant types not mixed. Use softened or distilled water for a 50/50 mix. Follow the procedures in the STAR bulletin below.
The passages in the heater core are very fine. Any hard scale build-up that won't back-flush out of the heater core may require core replacement.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forums. By 2013 I believe that Chrysler was using an OAT coolant (must meet Chrysler MS-12106).
The cooling system must be flushed thoroughly and coolant types not mixed. Use softened or distilled water for a 50/50 mix. Follow the procedures in the STAR bulletin below.
The passages in the heater core are very fine. Any hard scale build-up that won't back-flush out of the heater core may require core replacement.
Chrysler dealership stated they flushed out the car an the heater core is fine in the car

·
Registered
172 Posts
The 2013 doesn't have dual climate controls. If there is no heat on the passenger side then the heater core is plugged on one side. Very common. Many threads on here for that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does that mean they need to check the heater core Chrysler said something about the blend door aculator

·
Registered
172 Posts
Check to see if you have dual climate control. That means the drivers side temperature can be set different than the passenger side temperature. If you don't have that feature run the engine while parked until the temperature reaches operating temperature. That means the needle on the gauge is almost straight up and down. If it doesn't get hot enough to turn on the engine fan then the thermostat is stuck open. This is very common. If the engine is hot while parked but the gauge quickly lowers when driving that also means the thermostat is stuck open. After you determine that the engine is running hot enough then crank the heater full blast while parked. If the driver's side is hot and the passenger side is cold then the heater core is plugged and needs to be replaced. Some people try to flush the heater core but that doesn't last very long if it is really old out. The heater core replacement is around $1200 unless you can find a place that will short cut the job and not remove the whole dash. Good luck. Thermostats are cheap to do but don't do it yourself it you don't know how to bleed the coolant system. Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also i notice when it is still the heat runs on the driver side fine but the passenger side none at all but Thank you i will looking into the heater core issue.

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
802 Posts
Backflush the cooling system completely until it runs clear. Then refill with the fresh coolant recommended for the cooling system (OAT or HOAT meeting the Chrysler MS specification). Use distilled ((soft) water for a final fill.
As long as the heater core blockage is soft debris and not hard lime scale deposits, then complete core passage flow should be restored.
I hope that your heater core can be cleared and doesn't need replacement.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am not getting any heat in my car on the passenger side the driver side blows out a little bit of heat i have gotten the thermostat replaced the blend door actuators have been replaced a flush has been done on my car once that was done i started to get heat i noticed that when i am driving the car the heat eventually goes away any suggestions on what my be the problem.
My car had the same issue Chrysler adds an additive to the cooling system when the build the car. That additives plugged the heater core. It’s an expensive proposition to change correctly. Hope it is on warranty still good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My car had the same issue Chrysler adds an additive to the cooling system when the build the car. That additives plugged the heater core. It’s an expensive proposition to change correctly. Hope it is on warranty still good luck.
What did you end up having to get done an did it fix the issue

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem had a new heater core put in the easy way from inside the cab check out YouTube video takes about an hour and a half works great now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts