Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 200c and both of my key fobs quit working after I disconnected my car battery. Any ideas on what to do? Please help TIA

·
Registered
85 Posts
Suggestions...
Disconnect the battery again for about 5 mins and reconnect...
There are many microcomputers in this car and it only takes one misbehaving to cause problems...

Battery in the 2015~2017 is notoriously BAD and if you have the original OEM battery REPLACE IT NOW... They die without any prior indication and cause a multitude of strange problems...

Place the FOB next to the "push to start" button (close) and try starting the car...
The car by default will start even if the FOB battery is totally dead using this method...
The FOBs battery goes bad pretty quickly and may need replacing (Battery=CR2032)...
I have replaced mine twice since getting the car in January 2019... To get the driver's door to unlock by just being close means the FOB is transmitting 24/7...

I hope you get it sorted out... Let us know what you find as this will help others in the future...
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suggestions...
Disconnect the battery again for about 5 mins and reconnect...
There are many microcomputers in this car and it only takes one misbehaving to cause problems...

Battery in the 2015~2017 is notoriously BAD and if you have the original OEM battery REPLACE IT NOW... They die without any prior indication and cause a multitude of strange problems...

Place the FOB next to the "push to start" button (close) and try starting the car...
The car by default will start even if the FOB battery is totally dead using this method...
The FOBs battery goes bad pretty quickly and may need replacing (Battery=CR2032)...
I have replaced mine twice since getting the car in January 2019... To get the driver's door to unlock by just being close means the FOB is transmitting 24/7...

I hope you get it sorted out... Let us know what you find as this will help others in the future...
Dave
Ok thanks Dave I’ll try this method and let you know the outcome

1 - 3 of 3 Posts