Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Chrysler 200-S, and recently, the radio as well as all of the lights on the Center Console under the radio went out, and my odometer began flashing. I replaced the fuses operating the radio, however this did not resolve the issue. I haven't tried replacing any other fuses yet. I also realized that my alternator had gone bad. After looking online, I saw that the alternator could cause electrical issues. I recently replaced my Alternator (and battery) however my radio still doesn't work, and the Odometer is still flashing. Can anyone possibly tell me why? I received the following OBD codes from Auto Zone; But not sure how to go about resolving them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• U1424 - Implausible Engine Torque Signal Received
  • U1504 - Implausible Message Data Length Received From Steering Angle Sensor
  • P0128 - Coolant Thermostat (Coolant Temp Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature)

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
508 Posts
It may have lost PROXI configuration and a scan tool alignment is necessary. A flashing odometer and U- (loss off communication) codes are a common symptom.
You will want the latest and greatest software upgrades installed while the tool is plugged in.
There is an older discussion here:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you replace the battery with an AGM battery or the most economical one ?
Non AGM batteries cause all kinds of issues like the ones you are describing.
To be honest, I'm not sure. However these issues started happening before replacing the battery. The battery in the car was the same that was in the car when I purchased the car two years ago, and was under warranty, so I would assume the battery is an AGM battery.

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
508 Posts
The P0128 Thermostat rationality code is probably not related to your other codes or symptoms. This code commonly happens with a Winter cold snap.
If your heater if providing good heat, it may be an anomaly. If heater performance is lukewarm or the code returns, check the coolant level and/or replace the thermostat.

As for the radio issues, there was a TSB 08-062-18A software update issued to address operational problems. I found a copy of the similar 08-047-17 here:

·
Registered
10 Posts
To be honest, I'm not sure. However these issues started happening before replacing the battery. The battery in the car was the same that was in the car when I purchased the car two years ago, and was under warranty, so I would assume the battery is an AGM battery.
Mine did the exact same thing. I bought it used from the Honda Dealership and 3 weeks later it happened. I had to take it to Chrysler and they said it was the battery. You have to use their battery due to the way the connections were designed to lock onto the battery. I thought it was a gimmick but fixed my problem....I was so mad at Honda but they would not let me return the car or pay for the battery since it was fine while on their lot!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
You likely just had a bad battery or the connectors were not tightened correctly.

You don't need to use an FCA original equipment battery. Lots of us here are using aftermarket batteries. Also plenty of experience posted here, including my own, indicating that the original equipment batteries tend not to last as long as a good aftermarket one. The OE batteries are only warrantied for 24 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts