Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Chrysler 200 3.6L. I recently put new front and rear valve cover gaskets, new spark plugs, coils, upper intake and lower intake gaskets as well, pvc valve, oil cooler. I originally was changing just the oil cooler but everything was pretty much off and I’ve had the car for two years I figured why not. I put everything back the way it was. I even noticed on passenger side the wire that goes from the chassis to the block came lose so I cleaned it up and reattached it. I go to start the car and all I get is one click noise. Remove the battery that is a year in a half old took it to autozone an battery was fully charged. I then unplugged one of the plugs that goes to the PCM. I tried to remove the other plug but it wasn’t coming out at all. I turned on the car and it ran. I proceeded to run errands leaving the car on since the car has been sitting for 3 weeks at this point. Finally get home after driving around for two hours and I go to turn on the car to make sure it’s all good again but I get nothing and it’s back to the car making that one click sound. Then I saw a video on YouTube on how to check your starter with the plug under the TIPM so I test it and the starter only makes a click noise. I proceed to remove the starter and once out of the car I test it myself with my other car and the starter turns over with no problem. I connect everything back to the way it was I go to turn on the car and same thing only one click. I unplug the plug that goes to the TIPM one more time and the starter gives me the same one click sound. Any ideas or tips I would highly appreciate it. Thank you

· Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
3,087 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The 'single-click' may be because of a 'safety' issue detected by the PCM? If the PCM doesn't see that the transaxle is fully in Park or Neutral, it can do this.
A poor, corroded or loose connection may cause this. Double-check all connectors & secure all grounds. Make sure that all fuses & relays are fully seated in their sockets in the TIPM, front & rear PDCs.
The +/- jumper cable attachment posts may look tight & clean, but I have removed the nuts & studs to find hidden corrosion underneath. If you had the battery out for testing, the posts & terminals should be clean & tight?
Look for any pinched or cut wires in the engine compartment that might have occurred upon reassembly? Any fault codes? Let us know.

Rectangle Slope Parallel Font Schematic

Rectangle Font Circle Parallel Number

Hood Automotive design Font Screenshot Automotive lighting

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I apologize for the late reply. I have fixed the no start issue. I found that my issue came from the red plastic piece where the cables go to jump start the vehicle. As it turns out when I disconnected the wires from the red bracket and tried to reconnect them they weren’t making good contact. After a small adjustment I got it to work out. I’m But now for some reason I got a check engine light. Took it to the local auto zone and the code the car gave me is P000B. The picture is the red plastic that I mentioned earlier in the post.
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

· Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
3,087 Posts
At first glance, the P0000B seems unrelated to the electrical connection.
How's the oil? Check the engine cam solenoid wiring?
Font Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant Parallel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts