Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2015 chrysler 200s v6 66,300 miles and every since i finish paying for it the car has gone down the drain, first the upper radiator hose , then the thermostat and some heating sensor ( dealer charged me 600 $ ) for this two items ..the temperature gage was now fluctuating between 215 and 235 when i was idling AND right at 215 when idling in park.
So i took the car back and now the dealer is telling me i have a bad head gasket or a possible bad head...and they say it could run up to 4 grand....anybody out there with the same problem ?

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
I own a 2015 chrysler 200s v6 66,300 miles and every since i finish paying for it the car has gone down the drain, first the upper radiator hose , then the thermostat and some heating sensor ( dealer charged me 600 $ ) for this two items ..the temperature gage was now fluctuating between 215 and 235 when i was idling AND right at 215 when idling in park.
So i took the car back and now the dealer is telling me i have a bad head gasket or a possible bad head...and they say it could run up to 4 grand....anybody out there with the same problem ?
Your vehicle has a 5 year, 100K mile powertrain warranty. If your over time wise, then consult with Chrysler customer care and ask for assistance.

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
172 Posts
The temperatures are elevated, has someone checked for the presence of CO2 gases in the coolant? Radiator fan comes on while sitting warm and/or with the A/C-frt def on?
The first order of business is an accurate diagnosis and estimate.
If you haven't already, make pdf copies of the upper hose, thermostat and sensor repair orders so you can use them in any future online correspondence.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your vehicle has a 5 year, 100K mile powertrain warranty. If your over time wise, then consult with Chrysler customer care and ask for assistance.
Thank you very much...any idea who i can contact yo get chrysler customer care # ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
In stop and go traffic my temp in my 2017 2.4 runs up to 225. Dealer said it was normal. They checked the system out anyway and found nothing wrong. 225 is high normal. Usually runs at 190

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2012 Chrysler 200 149,000 miles and it runs great, only thing I changed were the breaks and rotors

·
Registered
8 Posts
Man, I hate to keep hearing all of these horror stories about the Chrysler 200. I have a 2015 Chrysler 200C v6. It is nearing 65,000 miles. By the sounds of it the car is ready for the bone yard. Based on the regular, repetitive comments in this forum it is clear Chrysler manufactured an incredibly inferior product. And further it sounds as though good luck on getting any support from Chrysler. Chrysler sucked me in too with the inaccurate marketing about the brand new plant with top of the line technology and engeering, etc. I feel really bad for everyone who purchased a Chrylser 200, and most especially the 2015 model. It is just a matter of time for me I suppose.

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
Man, I hate to keep hearing all of these horror stories about the Chrysler 200. I have a 2015 Chrysler 200C v6. It is nearing 65,000 miles. By the sounds of it the car is ready for the bone yard. Based on the regular, repetitive comments in this forum it is clear Chrysler manufactured an incredibly inferior product. And further it sounds as though good luck on getting any support from Chrysler. Chrysler sucked me in too with the inaccurate marketing about the brand new plant with top of the line technology and engeering, etc. I feel really bad for everyone who purchased a Chrylser 200, and most especially the 2015 model. It is just a matter of time for me I suppose.
You wouldn't expect those people that love the car and had no problems to post ... would you ?
Our's is an early manufactured model, April of 2014 I believe. No real problems other then a radio module replaced years ago, under warranty.
Over 115,000 miles, runs great and returns outstanding fuel mileage.
So don't feel bad for me. It's been a fantastic car and I would buy another ... if they still made them.

·
Super Moderator
2,511 Posts
To further what fltru103 stated - go to any family sedan forum where the model has been out for at least 5 years, you will find the same.

Acura is perceived by many as a polished diamond for reliability.
See below for broken connecting rods, oil leaks, stalling, transmission issues, engine 4 and 6 cyl. issues... Doesn't mean it's junk, just means that's where all the people with issues have virtually congregated together to help each other out. Maybe seeing that will make you feel better?

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
172 Posts
You have to keep this in perspective.
Our family has owned Chrysler (a '58 Hillman Minx, a '63 Jeep Wagoneer and a '74 Fiat 128 before these cars became Chrysler Corp) since 1953. I went to MoTech in 1976 and worked in Chrysler dealer service depts since 1978.
I've had a Horizon, Colt, Shadow, Imperial, Sebring, Neon, PT and Caliber, All were good cars, but not great cars. They did everything that was asked of them.
There are horror stories of many cars out there. Things do get amplified on the internet. You can Google most any car with the word 'problems' after it and come up with pages of complaints.
I still have the '98 Sebring JX convertible for a summer car. It is getting a little ratty, but everything works. It is quiet, comfortable and 'right-sized' for me.
I rented a 2015 200 4-cyl for 3 days while the Caliber was getting body work done and said to myself that this would probably be my next car. I like how it had shifted into 3rd gear by the time I got across an intersection from a stoplight.
The 200 is a nice size, quiet, comfortable and affordable. I got a sweet deal on a 2016 (a year of major improvements) with the V6, AWD and 'S' package. Has had all the software updates. Needs nothing. I will change all driveline fluids at 30K miles and get tires before next winter.
Loving this car. Like having a poor man's Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My wife bought a 2012 new. Only thing that has failed is headlight bulbs and alternator (recent). Battery was 8 years old, I replaced it proactively.
I bought a 2011 used in 2018. It now has 128K miles, only has had failed headlight bulbs, original battery (8 years) and alternator (recent). Both cars run like new and are highly reliable and fun to drive, and cheap to own and operate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man, I hate to keep hearing all of these horror stories about the Chrysler 200. I have a 2015 Chrysler 200C v6. It is nearing 65,000 miles. By the sounds of it the car is ready for the bone yard. Based on the regular, repetitive comments in this forum it is clear Chrysler manufactured an incredibly inferior product. And further it sounds as though good luck on getting any support from Chrysler. Chrysler sucked me in too with the inaccurate marketing about the brand new plant with top of the line technology and
My wife bought a 2012 new. Only thing that has failed is headlight bulbs and alternator (recent). Battery was 8 years old, I replaced it proactively.
I bought a 2011 used in 2018. It now has 128K miles, only has had failed headlight bulbs, original battery (8 years) and alternator (recent). Both cars run like new and are highly reliable and fun to drive, and cheap to own and operate.
LUCKY YOU !!
, etc. I feel really bad for everyone who purchased a Chrylser 200, and most especially the 2015 model. It is just a matter of time for me I suppose.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Remember....only people that are having problems with their car post here, for the most part...there are thousands of Chrysler 200 owners that are driving their cars daily with nary a problem...and they aren't posting anything...

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a 2015 200c 3.6 w 70k and for the most part, im very happy. Did some performance mods that Im very pleased with. Had one injector crap out. Warranty coolant hose clamp. Thats it so far. Ive had a seeping tstat housing for about 20k and recently got some glitter in the oil filter at my recent oil change. Camshaft flaking is common w the 3.6 so hopefully thats all it is. Car runs great.. Just purchased a Car shield warranty for $109 a month too combat any up coming quirk probs w this car like control arm bushings, wheel bearings, and leaking oil cooler, which so far havent happened. If i get all those too happen in the next year, i can drop the warranty and be good! We see....
Its not an inferior product. Its a product that recd no further upgrades or development because they scrapped production after 2 yrs too make more Jeeps. So it lost all its P.D. and advertising push. And as mentioned, you mostly hear about problems here. And here is a small amount.
I think its a great car w lots of tech for its time and has a good look inside and out. They shouldve improved on it but instead, your limited too the Dodge line up for cars now. I believe 2020 is the last year for the 300.

·
Super Moderator
2,511 Posts
I believe 2020 is the last year for the 300.
Both generations of 200 were great IMO but... have to say.... Way to go Chrysler. The only vehicle in the lineup will be a minivan named after an old SUV. :mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts