Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a reoccurring 0302 code for a few years. I clear it it comes back within a day etc etc...So after some research i discover the most common fix is either spark plug or coil pack or both. So few weeks ago i changed all 6 plugs as they were due anyways and the #2 coil pack (according to a cylinder # diagram) that i also found on this site (assuming its correct and i did change in fact #2's coil pack) Within a day the 0302 code is back same thing clear it comes back etc etc. Although i do now notice a 0520 and maybe a 0203 code in addition? not sure what a code in grey is on torque? see attachments...

So what else might cause a reoccurring 0320 code? if it really is misfiring its not noticeable at all as it idles good accelerates just fine and you cant hear or feel any obvious misfire

and finally what are those other 2 codes and/or what does a code in grey mean?

Brandon

Attachments

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,653 Posts
Yes. The #2 cylinder would be the one closest to the passenger-side headlamp.
Any engine tick? There may be a couple of things going on here.

The grayed-out P0205 would be a 'stored' code. It happened in the past, but is no longer present now. It isn't an active code like the other 2.

A wire chaffing (rub-through) condition under the intake manifold could possibly cause the P0302 & P0205. Inspect the wiring harness. The rear & the left on a transverse mounted engine would be by cyl #6.
Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Font Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Font Asphalt Engineering Screenshot

Worst case scenario and out of an extended warranty now is the early head problem. If P0302 persists, have a leakdown test to check for a bad exhaust valve.
Font Number

·
Administrator
2,653 Posts
Probably not related, but important none-the-less. Accurate oil pressure measurement is necessary for the VVT (variable valve timing) action. VVT should not affect individual cylinders, but is important for general good driveability.
Use an OEM replacement if changing the sensor.
The use of 'thin' 5W-20 is necessary for rapid timing changes. To assist in accurate valve timing, oil temperature is also monitored. It has to compare barometric pressure at start-up.

Font Parallel Number Screenshot Document

·
Administrator
2,653 Posts
You're right. 5W-30 for the older ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts