Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, New to forum. I have a 2013 Chrysler 200 2.4L w
Automotive tire Audio equipment Rim Tire Automotive ignition part
Automotive design Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior
Automotive design Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior
ith a P2173 code . Put a smoke tester on it and started leaking right at this spot , where hose conncts to this part PA66 ,It is cracked on edge , seems to be the only leak I can see. Anyone have an idea what this part is? Tried to look up part number with no luck. Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
This is the pcv valve. I believe the PA66 refers to the ID of the mold used to make the of the valve as I have seen it on many mopar pcv valves throughout the years. The actual part number for a specific model will be different though.

It appears the PCV valve hose nipple has broken. It may or not be the cause of the P2173 code but could be causing a small vacuum leak and messing with the air flow. Suggest replacing with an OEM/Mopar valve as after market valves sometimes tend to increase oil consumption.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the pcv valve. I believe the PA66 refers to the ID of the mold used to make the of the valve as I have seen it on many mopar pcv valves throughout the years. The actual part number for a specific model will be different though.

It appears the PCV valve hose nipple has broken. It is not likely that it is the cause of the P2173 code. Suggest replacing with an OEM/Mopar valve as after market valves sometimes tend to increase oil consumption.

It appears the PCV valve hose nipple has broken. It is not likely that it is the cause of the P2173 code. Suggest replacing with an OEM/Mopar valve as after market valves sometimes tend to increase oil consumption.
Thanks for thr reply, Smoke test shows this is only leaking spot, starts just fine , after a minute goes into limp mode P2173

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,227 Posts
That appears to be an aftermarket PCV valve, I recommend the Mopar #5047063AA.
There was also a STAR bulletin on PCV hose cracking/leaking:
Font Screenshot Circle Metal Automotive tire

Reactions: ggoose

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

It appears the PCV valve hose nipple has broken. It may or not be the cause of the P2173 code but could be causing a small vacuum leak and messing with the air flow. Suggest replacing with an OEM/Mopar valve as after market valves sometimes tend to increase oil consumption.
Hello, I did replace this part PVC and solved the problem. All codes went away along with check engine light, runs great now . Thank you for your recommendations (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts