Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at a lose on how to fix this issue. I get this code intermittently for the pass several months. The engine has 125K on it. I've replaced the fuel injectors, coil packs and spark plugs since the code first appeared. When the code sets, the engine will start running rough. After 2 or 3 minutes at varying speeds the engine settles down and runs fine. I do not get a single cylinder fault code when this happens, only the P2308 code. Has anyone seen this or have any recommendations for trouble shooting? I greatly appreciate everyone's time that reads this and any suggestions that it might generate.

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
636 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
P2308 is specific to the # 3 cylinder ignition circuit. Were the replacement parts OEM? It could be a wiring or PCM issue?
If it was an ASD relay problem, it would likely not be particularly faulting on the # 3 cylinder every time. it would move around.
In order to diagnose something like this, you would want the P2308 failure to be active during the troubleshoot process.
See the possible causes attached:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response. The coil packs and fuel injectors were Bosch. The spark plugs were Champion. I'll perform the testing on the wiring circuit for the coil pack on number 3 cylinder and see if I have low resistance or an open circuit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts