Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I searched and haven?t been able find anything related.

Recently my sunroof began opening really loudly and hard enough I could feel the vibration. It vents without problem, so it?s only happening when the panel is dropping down to slide back.

So today, after it?s been making that noise a few weeks, it wouldn?t open. It creaked and wouldn?t drop down, and then closed itself.

Anyone else had this trouble?

·
Registered
105 Posts
My only problem is not its operation but the fact that at night, when it is colder, the front of the headliner around the sunroof squeaks from road vibration. During the day when it is warmer, it is silent. Might have something to do with the adhesive. If we ever have a cold day and it makes the noise, I will take to dealer. Otherwise I won't bother since I know they will not be able to replicate the sound.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well overdue update: I actually bought some lubricant and coated all the rubber. Absolutely zero problems now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well overdue update: I actually bought some lubricant and coated all the rubber. Absolutely zero problems now.
Im having the same problems with squeaking from road noise at the front of sunroof in the headliner. What exactly did you lubricate?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts