Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very disappointed that I can't find the parts I need for my 2011 200 convertible, as the top won't open or close. I understand that many owners have complained about this issue, as the parts have been discontunued. I'm looking for a deckbar cylinder and wiring harness. New, or used I don't care, but would appreciate any help, or suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
913 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I had the same problem with my '98 JX convertible when DaimlerChryslerCerberus went bankrupt in 2009. After waiting for a year while they reorganized, I went shopping the aftermarket for hydraulics.
Let's begin with the Mopar part numbers you'll need for reference. See below:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I appreciate the reply. I have the parts numbers and have tried Mopar, but it seems the parts have been discontinued. I'm trying auto wreckers, but so far nothing.

·
Super Moderator
913 Posts
Can you share those part numbers with us?
Discontinued doesn't have to mean that they don't exist.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Part numbers are 68026960AA and 68085384AD. The parts are described by the Chrysler dealership as RH deckbar cylinder, and wiring harness.

It's really a shame I haven't been able to find the parts. I bought the 2011 200 convertible when it was a year old. It has less than 60,000 miles. I hate to miss another summer without the parts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Please check out 'sebringclub.net', a website dedicated to sebring/200 convertibles. One user is extremely knowledgeable on the 2008-2014 tops and is very helpful in troubleshooting top operation issues. He has a level of expertise you will likely not find at any dealership.

·
Super Moderator
913 Posts
68085384AD has undergone some revisions, but previous 68085384AA, 68085384AB and 68085384AC would work.
If you still have the old harness, a new one could be duplicated, possibly stronger than the original. The connector ends may still be salvageable and the wires replaced with mil-spec or airborne-duty? There are companies that reproduce quality replacement wiring harnesses. New connectors and terminals may still be available at:
Mopar Connection Repair Kit (dcctools.com)

If you still have the old hydraulic cylinder, there are companies that rebuild them and keep standard sizes in stock. I saved the old Sebring cylinder in case I needed to do this, but I found what I needed at hydro-e-lectric. I did want Mopar or OEM, but it was my only choice. The top has worked flawlessly for the 12 years since:
CONVERTIBLE TOP PARTS - Page 1 - Hydro-E-Lectric

1 - 11 of 11 Posts