Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone to 2 different Chrysler dealerships on parts and NOW they say 'PARTS AREN'T AVAILABLE" anymore on their 2011-2014 models. What are we supposed to do now? Sell it to a junk yard? It is such BS!!! I have called several dealers to sell it. What takers I got they want pennies on the dollar and or they flat out say "NO". I put a lot of money into mine and I can't get any of it back. So "BEWARE". Don't BUY THE convertibles at all. SAD.

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,411 Posts
What parts are you looking for? Some of the 'common failure' parts on 8 year-old convertibles have been used up. The Chrysler parts depots and dealers are the first to run out. Chrysler has changed hands a few times in the past 20 years. Someone, somewhere might have one sitting on a shelf.
What can't be replaced may be able to be repaired. Begin with the Mopar part number.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Chrysler 200 limited convertible. Having the same problem finding parts for the retractable top. Took car to local dealership and they said Chrysler is no longer making needed parts and they could not find the parts anywhere. I found one part on ebay, otherwise no success. I wrote to Chrysler Manufacturing and they said check junk yards (working on junk yard search now). If anyone knows where I can get the following parts, let me know:
wire harness part 68028375-AA
sensor part 68028380-AA
retractable top sensor part 68028381
hydraulic cylinder part 68026961-AA

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Some guy in Garland, Tx claims to have all 4 parts.
I have not done business with this entity. He may be a dealer?
Let us know how you make out.

This member found a hydraulic/pneumatic actuator rebuilder and I hope they made out OK:

At over $500 that he is asking for his new cylinder, a commercial/industrial rebuilder may be a better deal. Cylinder specs are usually meeting standard seal/ring sizes. Call & ask. An example:

If this is the wiring harness that flexes, fatigues and breaks wires, you may want to save the connector ends that are still good. Someone can renew the wires for an as-good-as-new harness when these are totally gone.

I have a 1962 Lark, 1966 Imperial & 1998 Sebring JX, so I know all about repairing what can't be replaced. I know that you don't expect to have this difficulty on a 10 year old car, but some parts are still around (i.e. - the ones that don't break very often).;)

Product Font Parallel Slope Design

Product Font Data transfer cable Screenshot Parallel

Font Tool Pliers Screenshot Cable

Product Map Font Parallel Engineering

·
Registered
249 Posts
It appears this is a hardtop. In my opinion, it would be unusual for both sensors and wiring harness to fail at the same time. I would suspect the wiring harness first (at the flex points) and sensors next. What led the dealership to believe a cylinder had failed. There are 4 cylinders, 2 for the decklid and 2 for the top; do you know which cylinder they suspect?

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
GGoose has a good point. If the sensors are failing for open circuits, it may all be attributed to an open wire harness.
Lift cylinders usually leak fluid when they are failing. Is there any oil stain back there? Air bubbles passing through the pump will make a noise.
Did the repair order list the fault codes?
If they are Hall-effect or magnetic sensors, they shouldn't be subject to wear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts