Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone to 2 different Chrysler dealerships on parts and NOW they say 'PARTS AREN'T AVAILABLE" anymore on their 2011-2014 models. What are we supposed to do now? Sell it to a junk yard? It is such BS!!! I have called several dealers to sell it. What takers I got they want pennies on the dollar and or they flat out say "NO". I put a lot of money into mine and I can't get any of it back. So "BEWARE". Don't BUY THE convertibles at all. SAD.

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,653 Posts
What parts are you looking for? Some of the 'common failure' parts on 8 year-old convertibles have been used up. The Chrysler parts depots and dealers are the first to run out. Chrysler has changed hands a few times in the past 20 years. Someone, somewhere might have one sitting on a shelf.
What can't be replaced may be able to be repaired. Begin with the Mopar part number.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2013 Chrysler 200 limited convertible. Having the same problem finding parts for the retractable top. Took car to local dealership and they said Chrysler is no longer making needed parts and they could not find the parts anywhere. I found one part on ebay, otherwise no success. I wrote to Chrysler Manufacturing and they said check junk yards (working on junk yard search now). If anyone knows where I can get the following parts, let me know:
wire harness part 68028375-AA
sensor part 68028380-AA
retractable top sensor part 68028381
hydraulic cylinder part 68026961-AA

·
Administrator
2,653 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Some guy in Garland, Tx claims to have all 4 parts.
I have not done business with this entity. He may be a dealer?
Let us know how you make out.

This member found a hydraulic/pneumatic actuator rebuilder and I hope they made out OK:

At over $500 that he is asking for his new cylinder, a commercial/industrial rebuilder may be a better deal. Cylinder specs are usually meeting standard seal/ring sizes. Call & ask. An example:

If this is the wiring harness that flexes, fatigues and breaks wires, you may want to save the connector ends that are still good. Someone can renew the wires for an as-good-as-new harness when these are totally gone.

I have a 1962 Lark, 1966 Imperial & 1998 Sebring JX, so I know all about repairing what can't be replaced. I know that you don't expect to have this difficulty on a 10 year old car, but some parts are still around (i.e. - the ones that don't break very often).;)

Product Font Parallel Slope Design

Product Font Data transfer cable Screenshot Parallel

Font Tool Pliers Screenshot Cable

Product Map Font Parallel Engineering

·
Registered
279 Posts
It appears this is a hardtop. In my opinion, it would be unusual for both sensors and wiring harness to fail at the same time. I would suspect the wiring harness first (at the flex points) and sensors next. What led the dealership to believe a cylinder had failed. There are 4 cylinders, 2 for the decklid and 2 for the top; do you know which cylinder they suspect?

·
Administrator
2,653 Posts
GGoose has a good point. If the sensors are failing for open circuits, it may all be attributed to an open wire harness.
Lift cylinders usually leak fluid when they are failing. Is there any oil stain back there? Air bubbles passing through the pump will make a noise.
Did the repair order list the fault codes?
If they are Hall-effect or magnetic sensors, they shouldn't be subject to wear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Some guy in Garland, Tx claims to have all 4 parts.
I have not done business with this entity. He may be a dealer?
Let us know how you make out.

This member found a hydraulic/pneumatic actuator rebuilder and I hope they made out OK:

At over $500 that he is asking for his new cylinder, a commercial/industrial rebuilder may be a better deal. Cylinder specs are usually meeting standard seal/ring sizes. Call & ask. An example:

If this is the wiring harness that flexes, fatigues and breaks wires, you may want to save the connector ends that are still good. Someone can renew the wires for an as-good-as-new harness when these are totally gone.

I have a 1962 Lark, 1966 Imperial & 1998 Sebring JX, so I know all about repairing what can't be replaced. I know that you don't expect to have this difficulty on a 10 year old car, but some parts are still around (i.e. - the ones that don't break very often).;)

I found all folding top parts for my beloved 2013 Chrysler 200 except the wire harness 68028375AA. Thanks for the help and advice.
View attachment 59971

View attachment 59972

View attachment 59973

View attachment 59974

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am still hunting for the wiring harness part 68028375-AA for my 2013 Chrysler 200 Limited convertible. Talked to a company (AUMAU-TOPARTS) that says part 68226263AC for a 2015 model will fit my 2013 model. I asked my local dealership if this was true - they have no idea. Checked ebay MOPAR and it said the part will not fit. Does anyone in our community know?

·
Administrator
2,653 Posts
Do you have access to the car? Can you tell me if this harness contains 10 wires with a 10-pin connector at one end?
This 68028375AA is referred as 'folding top wiring' (#3 in the image). I suspect that they had a high failure rate due to flexing & fatiguing everytime the top is raised or lowered.

Really if the ends can be saved, you would just need to splice in new lengths of wire to make a working harness, right?
I believe that the 10-pin end is called C320. Is the image below matching what you have?
If I haven't ID'd the correct wiring, could you post a picture of the ends with the wire colors of the harness that needs repair?
I think that the planet is out of new 68028375AAs forever, but you should be able to replicate a new one (maybe one with better flex relief than the original).

Map Human body Slope Font Auto part

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Engineering

·
Registered
279 Posts
Part 68226263AC is for the sunroof on a 2015 and will not fit on a 2012 convertible, completely different wiring harness. 2014 was the last year for the convertible

·
Administrator
2,653 Posts
I have edited the thread title to read 2013, not 2012.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update on my 2013 Chrysler 200 convertible parts hunt. Found all parts and dealership installed them. Now they say I need one more part that is also discontinued. Anyone know where I can get Part 68085384AD Wiring Deck Lid 08015002? This is quite irritating and a lot of work on my part, especially because it was a Chrysler service center in Knoxville that broke it to begin with - I only had the car in the shop to fix the antenna and the service person said when he shut the trunk, the wiring snapped inside the unit. I have the car at a different service center now, but I have to do all of the work to locate the parts.

·
Administrator
2,653 Posts
Previous versions of 68085384AD are 68085384AB and 68085384AC.
All discontinued and no longer supplied, but gives you more chances of finding one.

The harnesses are all gone due to the fact that they flexed everytime the top was moved. Eventually the wires fatigued & broke. If the harness connectors ends can be saved, a new harness should be able to be made. Make it about a foot longer to add some strain relief.

Mopar connector kits:

Alternative harness numbers are 68085383AB (AC, AD) & 68202831AB (AC,AD). These are for differently optioned cars, but may be adapted for use or used to repair the broken harness?
Just putting some ideas for a solution out there.

Slope Font Parallel Auto part Screenshot

RSC=Sirius satellite radio antenna.
RHP=MideastNav.
RHW=EuroNav.
RHB=NAFTANav.
JLB/JLN=EVIC display?

Shows this usable(?) part at 2 dealers.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
279 Posts
Note that a wiring harness from 2008 to 2014 will likely work. Only item I am aware of that may be different is satellite radio and the need for 2 coax cables, am/fm and satellite. I have pulled the harness from an '08 at a boneyard, removed the 2 coax cables to replace my broken am/fm cable on my '14 (and add a spare - still have the remainder of the harness for later use). The harnesses were identical best I could see but I did not wish to replace the harness but only to add the 2 coax next to my existing harness.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts