Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,
Last night I had my key fob in my handle and I grabbed the front passenger side handle on my 2015 Chrysler 200 and it wouldn't unlock via the sensor. I tried the outside lock button after finally unlocking it by the driver side sensor which works. The outside lock button doesn't work either on the passenger side. But everything works on the driver side. The buttons on the arm rest inside in the passenger side works.
We don't have a dealership here where I live in the Bahamas. Couldn't it be a fused? It rained all day yesterday. I dont know if that may be it. Maybe some rain got into the sensor. What do you guys think?

·
Super Moderator
1,821 Posts
Good Morning,
Last night I had my key fob in my handle and I grabbed the front passenger side handle on my 2015 Chrysler 200 and it wouldn't unlock via the sensor. I tried the outside lock button after finally unlocking it by the driver side sensor which works. The outside lock button doesn't work either on the passenger side. But everything works on the driver side. The buttons on the arm rest inside in the passenger side works.
We don't have a dealership here where I live in the Bahamas. Couldn't it be a fused? It rained all day yesterday. I dont know if that may be it. Maybe some rain got into the sensor. What do you guys think?
First thing ... replace key fob battery.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced it about 2 or 3 months ago.

Good Morning,
First thing ... replace key fob battery.

·
Super Moderator
1,821 Posts
The settings on which doors to open via the key fob can be reset in the UConnect screen under "settings". Try that.

I notice you have a limited. Not all the 200's can open all doors via the fob. Unless you have the small black button on the passenger side door handle, then your car isn't built with the full system of opening the passenger door with the fob ... unless you press the fob to open the doors twice.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 200c

The settings on which doors to open via the key fob can be reset in the UConnect screen under "settings". Try that.

I notice you have a limited. Not all the 200's can open all doors via the fob. Unless you have the small black button on the passenger side door handle, then your car isn't built with the full system of opening the passenger door with the fob ... unless you press the fob to open the doors twice.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the sensor on the door handle that stop working but I will try to reset that via uconnect as you said. The driver side sensor is working

·
Registered
196 Posts
Perhaps the 2015 is different, but on 2011 and 2012, you press the fob once and it unlocks only the driver's door, and you must press again to unlock the other doors? Does this work for the original poster? If so, I don't see the problem.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you have had heavy rain, I would check the drain holes on the bottom of the door. If they are clogged, the door can retain water. Just an idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts