Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get over I accelerated to get in front of a car, as soon as I did that my check engine light and battery light came on. Then my traction control light came and my car kept saying place car in park. Then it shut off. I was able to pull over thankfully. When I tried to start the car it would never fully come on just make this noise until I turned it off.

Any possible ideas of what could have happened??? I did get it towed to the nearest shop but was told they may not be able to get to it until tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
184 Posts
Let us know what they find. Warning lights will usually also store useful fault codes.
What year? What engine?
Can you better describe the noise it made?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps a coil failed, put your car in limp mode and threw a bunch of codes.
Let us know what they find. Warning lights will usually also store useful fault codes.
What year? What engine?
Can you better describe the noise it made?
It’s a 2015 Limited 2.4L I tried to upload video but it wouldn’t allow. The noise was like the car was trying to come on, it just kept repeating like you were trying to start a car but it wouldn’t turn but the car was actually on.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Trying to get over I accelerated to get in front of a car, as soon as I did that my check engine light and battery light came on. Then my traction control light came and my car kept saying place car in park. Then it shut off. I was able to pull over thankfully. When I tried to start the car it would never fully come on just make this noise until I turned it off.

Any possible ideas of what could have happened??? I did get it towed to the nearest shop but was told they may not be able to get to it until tomorrow.
Hello,

We certainly regret to hear this! If you'd like additional assistance, please feel free to follow up via private message.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only update I have from the transmission place is that a bunch of codes popped up and car won’t start, I am so frustrated I figured it could be transmission related.

·
Super Moderator
1,884 Posts
They didn’t even say he said they were still trying to see what was wrong with it
You said it's at the nearest shop.
I hope that is a Chrysler dealer. If it's the transmission, they would be better equipped to diagnose the issue.
Besides, It shouldn't take more then a few minutes to pull the codes.

But I do have to ask. How old is the battery ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You said it's at the nearest shop.
I hope that is a Chrysler dealer. If it's the transmission, they would be better equipped to diagnose the issue.
Besides, It shouldn't take more then a few minutes to pull the codes.

But I do have to ask. How old is the battery ?
I’ve only had the car for 1 1/2 I just took it to the dealership last Thursday for something unrelated and battery check was good. Also the dealership wasn’t close I took it to a place that specializes in transmissions I seem to have issues with my warranty company (3rd party) with the dealership and them not wanting to pay 100% if costs.

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
184 Posts
So far, there is a towing charge. Have the shop go no further than a 'Diagnostic charge' until we can consider the next step.
Save everything in text messages and writing on the repair orders and receipts, as phone calls and what you hear at the service counter won't help you. Keep all records and documents.
There may be a deductible (co-pay) with the warranty company. They may not do business with the towing service or shop that the car is at? Some 3rd party warranty companies can be frustrating to work with.
The selling dealer or warranty company may pay for the tow to their facilities for authorized repair, if necessary.
If not a transaxle issue, it certainly sounds like some kind of a powertrain-related issue.

·
Registered
527 Posts
The only update I have from the transmission place is that a bunch of codes popped up and car won’t start, I am so frustrated I figured it could be transmission related.
Hi Chryslerrrrrrrrrr,

I am very sorry to hear of your concerns persisting. If you would like additional assistance, please feel free to follow up via private message.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey everyone here’s the update. They repair company released my car because they couldn’t quite figure it out. This is what they said when they start it up it stalls out, took spark plugs out saw they were covered fuel.

They said it passed all the tests but because of what’s going on it’s only two people there so it’s taking longer than expected. So it’s getting towed to the dealership in the morning.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hey everyone here’s the update. They repair company released my car because they couldn’t quite figure it out. This is what they said when they start it up it stalls out, took spark plugs out saw they were covered fuel.

They said it passed all the tests but because of what’s going on it’s only two people there so it’s taking longer than expected. So it’s getting towed to the dealership in the morning.
Hello,

We are sorry to hear of your concerns persisting. If you'd like additional assistance, please send us a private message!

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
272 Posts
Very likely the battery. Saying it's 'good' doesn't tell if a load test was done, which is the only way to know. Just putting a voltmeter on it and looking at open-circuit voltage is meaningless.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very likely the battery. Saying it's 'good' doesn't tell if a load test was done, which is the only way to know. Just putting a voltmeter on it and looking at open-circuit voltage is meaningless.
The factory battery doesn't give you any type of warning when it goes out it just won't start

·
Registered
4 Posts

Something similar happened to me..i accelerated to get on the freeway and the upper radiator hose broke and then the whole thing just catapulted into a bunch of problems with the car including a possible busted head gasket or worse.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts