Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! My name is Donna and I have a 2013 200 LX. I have noticed that whenever I take a left turn and have to break my breaks pulsate as if you were breaking on ice. I checked the rotors and they are not warped, but my front breaks need to be replaced. My rear driver break was also not working so that was fixed. It’s also worth mentioning that my passenger side rear bushing and arm are bent or something like that and are being replaced. I just hate the pulsating it does when I turn and was wondering if anyone knew anything? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
912 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If this is a rapid pulsation like during an ABS stop, instead of a slower pulsation that varies with speed, like a warped rotor, then it may be from a damaged wheel speed sensor?
Is the ABS and/or ESC warning lamps on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. If this is a rapid pulsation like during an ABS stop, instead of a slower pulsation that varies with speed, like a warped rotor, then it may be from a damaged wheel speed sensor?
Is the ABS and/or ESC warning lamps on?
I don’t have any warning lights on. Yeah it’s more rapid like ABS and I had my rotors checked so I’m not sure.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
912 Posts
Wheel speeds change when cornering. The inside wheels turn slower.
As long as all 4 wheel speeds are 'believeable' to the ABS control module, it shouldn't initiate an ABS stop.
If the shop has a scan tool that can read all 4 wheel speeds (all 4 should be the same speed going straight), see which wheel speed sensor breaks down when turning.
It will be the one that gives an 'impossible' wheel speed compared to the other 3, jumps around or cuts out.
It sounds like a damaged WSS or axle/hub tone ring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts