Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! new owner of a 2015 Chrysler 200 LX here.
Are the headlights on the 2015 200 LX supposed to have the LED strip or "eyelash"? I noticed that whenever I see a 2015 200, they always have that LED light strip turned on along with the headlights. Mine only has the halogen lightbulbs and turn signals for parking lights. The LED strip never turns on. I've searched the forums but I can't seem to find a concrete answer if all the models (including my LX) are supposed to have that eyelash. Heres the picture for reference
Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,695 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I would think that it would, but the sure way to find out is to run your VIN to see what lighting option it came with.

My car is U.S., but I wanted to enable DRL. I found out it wasn't available on my car and couldn't be selected 'on' in the BCM with the dealer WiTech2 tool.
They had an lighting option that could be toggled 'on' called 'combination lighting', so I went with that. It lights both the eyelash and the amber parking lamps when the parking or headlamps are turned on.
Font Newspaper Material property Rectangle Parallel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums. I would think that it would, but the sure way to find out is to run your VIN to see what lighting option it came with.

My car is U.S., but I wanted to enable DRL. I found out it wasn't available on my car and couldn't be selected 'on' in the BCM with the dealer WiTech2 tool.
They had an lighting option that could be toggled 'on' called 'combination lighting', so I went with that. It lights both the eyelash and the amber parking lamps when the parking or headlamps are turned on.
View attachment 58469
hey thanks for the response! did you just go int he dealer and ask them to turn it on? I'm planning to go in a few days but I'm afraid getting this feature turned on would cost a fortune haha. I believe my 200 LX does not have the premium lighting option so I'm not sure if the LED eyelash isn't included without it. But I live in Canada and my car doesn't have any DRL so it would be nice to have anything turned on during the day.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was under the impression that drl's are required on all vehicles in Canada so it is interesting that you do not have drl's. Is it possible that the wiring for the headlamps has been modified?

Not certain if the 2015 is the same but 2014 needed the premium lighting package to allow for the led strips to be used as drl's otherwise they only light with the headlamps. I do not have the premium package, 2014, and am only able to select the parking lamps or headlamps at a lower voltage if I wanted drl's (appcar app).

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,695 Posts
If you are at the dealer and the WiTech2 is connected, a couple of extra key strokes shouldn't really cost any more.
This was done under the shop minimum or diagnostic charge of 1 hour. What else are you going in for?

I turn on my headlamps when crossing into Ontario from NY. The car came with 'headlamps on with wipers' as that is required in NY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts