Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

My aftermarket fog light installation kit has arrived, and while I'm waiting for some nice weather to install it, I have a couple of questions I'm hoping somebody can help me with. I've studied the wiring and it all seems pretty straightforward, but my questions are as follows:

1. I need to run a single, fairly thin wire (pictured below), through the firewall between the engine bay and the cabin. Where is the best and easiest place to do this and how do I go about doing it? (I tried to have a look down in the footwells today and I must say it was hard for a big guy like me to have a good look down there and it felt very claustrophobic.)

Toy Liquid Body jewelry Jewellery Electric blue

2. Inside the cabin, I will need to connect the open copper end of the red wire below to the ignition and/or accessories line and the black wire to a ground inside the cabin. Where is the best and easiest place to do this and how do I go about doing it?

Gesture Gadget Audio equipment Sports equipment Recreation

Thanks in advance for any help anyone might be able to offer. Pictures would be very helpful.

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,075 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may find the following helpful. Any sort of instructions come with this kit?

The manufacturer has a youtube video with instructions, but it's generic for any vehicle, just says you need to run this wire through the firewall somehow.

Yeah, so I think I need to go through this grommet where the clutch pedal on a manual transmission would have gone...but I can't really reach it to work on it and take the cover off and get a wire through. I can only "see" it with my phone camera reaching back there and taking a picture. I think I may need to take the lower dash panels off to work on it...not sure how to do that yet. I also can't see where it comes out the other side in the engine bay at all. Too much crap in the way. This looks like it may be a little bit more difficult than I'd hoped.

It's going to be months before the weather is nice enough here at the north pole to actually work on it though...sigh.

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,075 Posts
In the service information, the power brake booster has to be removed to service the clutch master cylinder (if it had a clutch). The hole should be right around the brake booster? You want to keep the wire away from anywhere it would get rubbed, cut or pinched.
Trigger Font Gun barrel Auto part Automotive window part

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the service information, the power brake booster has to be removed to service the clutch master cylinder (if it had a clutch). The hole should be right around the brake booster? You want to keep the wire away from anywhere it would get rubbed, cut or pinched.
View attachment 58878
Okay thanks, I'll have a look there to see what I can see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts