Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Nice job B.K.! I'm not looking forward too this problem! I'm hopin my 18 psi cap helps down the road. Another informative thread from you, thanks!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Did you figure out where the original radiator leaked? Did something hit it or did the plastic just give out?

I just had the serpentine belt replaced in my car at dealer for $200. Which bums me out since I used to be able to replace these myself on past cars.

·
Super Moderator
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Did you figure out where the original radiator leaked? Did something hit it or did the plastic just give out?

I just had the serpentine belt replaced in my car at dealer for $200. Which bums me out since I used to be able to replace these myself on past cars.
Seal between the aluminum and plastic was leaking on the left lower side (drivers side). No signs of impact anywhere.

I don't have any evidence or proof and not sure how it could last this long if damaged, but when I bought the car new, I got a better than normal deal on it. The front left side of the bumper cover had some slight damage to it from coming off the truck, it was repaired and repainted at the dealers expense. Maybe the slight damage or the body shop inadvertently did something to it, I know there were fasteners missing.

Then again, maybe it was just a defective radiator or just went bad earlier than normal.

I have all the service records from the previous owner of my 1998 Dodge Dakota, he bought it new. It still has the original radiator in it and has 203,000 miles on it now.

*shrug*

·
Registered
872 Posts
Mine is loosing coolant. I noticed temps up about 6 months ago and coolant level was low. Added maybe quart and a half and temps back to normal. Now 6 moths later its low and temps rising again. Someone said thermostat housing is common?

·
Super Moderator
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Mine is loosing coolant. I noticed temps up about 6 months ago and coolant level was low. Added maybe quart and a half and temps back to normal. Now 6 moths later its low and temps rising again. Someone said thermostat housing is common?
Not sure if it's "common" but a few people including me have had it replaced. The t-stat and housing are one assembly.

I would still check the hoses etc... How many miles do you have on it now?

·
Registered
16 Posts
yupp,got that damm smell of coolant now on my 3.6 200S. tried to see where the **** its coming from but dang...no luck yet. wonder if i should drop the cover under the car for the spring/summer season to see if i can find any drips.? tried using a mirror on an extension without success. figured im gonna have to drive it at night and then use a bright light after i open the hood to see if theres any telltale steam being released. or maybe just drive it to the dealer immediately when i smell the odure. lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks. I used my son's 2000 Dodge Neon yesterday morning right when the storm started (he doesn't have his license yet) that I put new brakes and tires on recently. The office was closed yesterday anyway. Drove his Neon to work today.
hello,
i registered yesterday.
but i do not know how to find admin. or maybe you guys can help me. im rebecca, from a throttle controller company, i want

someone of u to experience my item free then post here to tell others feeling. you can search ************ to check what i

say. for i cannot post link here. thank you.
and we have almost 500 cars brands throttle controller, that's the most advantage we have. for in our country we have cars

from different of the world. so we can innovate every kind of cars throttle controller. and i think that many people need

this item, so you or someone can be them advisor, which is also a great help to the people around you. how do you think of

it. looking forward to hear you.

pls let me know, if i say sth wrong.

Best regards
rebecca

·
Super Moderator
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
hello,
i registered yesterday.
but i do not know how to find admin. or maybe you guys can help me. im rebecca, from a throttle controller company, i want

someone of u to experience my item free then post here to tell others feeling. you can search ************ to check what i

say. for i cannot post link here. thank you.
and we have almost 500 cars brands throttle controller, that's the most advantage we have. for in our country we have cars

from different of the world. so we can innovate every kind of cars throttle controller. and i think that many people need

this item, so you or someone can be them advisor, which is also a great help to the people around you. how do you think of

it. looking forward to hear you.

pls let me know, if i say sth wrong.

Best regards
rebecca
You need to apply as a vendor to sell or advertise, let me get back to you in a bit. I will send you a private message.

·
Registered
54 Posts
yupp,got that damm smell of coolant now on my 3.6 200S. tried to see where the **** its coming from but dang...no luck yet. wonder if i should drop the cover under the car for the spring/summer season to see if i can find any drips.? tried using a mirror on an extension without success. figured im gonna have to drive it at night and then use a bright light after i open the hood to see if theres any telltale steam being released. or maybe just drive it to the dealer immediately when i smell the odure. lol
Look right next to your airbox. Shine a bright light down below it in the serpentine belt area. I saw evidence of coolant down in that area and on the alternator when mine was leaking. If you have coolant in that area, it is 99% likely the thermostat housing or thermostat housing gasket leaking. It's like $10 or $15 for the whole assembly (including thermostat) from AutoZone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I smell coolant as well, checked everywhere and can't find any signs of a leak. I'm not even losing coolant but the smell is so strong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well F*&^%^%!!!! Just found out the leak I've been battling for the last few months is this exact issue. I took my car to the dealer back in 03/2016 for a coolant smell and they ended up replacing a hose. Earlier this year, another line and water pump were replaced under warranty. There has still been a strong smell and I have had to add 3 quarts of coolant since replacing the pump. I had been back to the dealer a few times as well and somehow they couldn't find any leak. A couple weeks ago I was changing out my rotors and decided to pull the passenger side inner fender liner off and investigate myself. Holy @#$%, I don't know how they missed the leak, there was coolant covering EVERYTHING. I took my car back in, along with the pictures I took of the mess, and they diagnosed it today as leak in the radiator seam. I was really considering bringing it home and fixing it myself, but out of convenience, and a little laziness, I reluctantly opted to pay THE $968 DOLLARS I was quoted to have it done at the dealer. I kinda feel like they are out to get me after all the warranty work I've had done over the last few years...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts