Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. Recently had a problem with my Chrysler 200 2015 L 2.4 L not detecting my key fob. I tried pushing it against the push to start already and even that stopped working. Now the car will only turn on if I hold the keyfob under the dash and that's not consistent as well. I used my snap tool to scan my car and this was the one of the codes that came up. I have not found any guide on a Chrysler 200 RFH location or people having to swap it out and was asking for advice if anybody has dealt with the same issue. Keyfob battery is new and it locks and everything just not getting recognized sometimes when trying to start. Also car battery has good voltage 12.77V before being turned on and 14V when turned on.Thank you.

Automotive lighting Rectangle Font Material property Gas

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,688 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Which radio? Any starting/charging system issues? Standing voltage tests may not tell you the whole story.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Electric blue

Rectangle Schematic Slope Font Parallel

I would get a comprehensive electrical battery/starting/charging system test done at your friendly, neighborhood auto parts store.
Automotive tire Product Sleeve Automotive exterior Font

Sleeve Font Screenshot Advertising Engineering

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Which radio? Any starting/charging system issues? Standing voltage tests may not tell you the whole story.
View attachment 60267

View attachment 60268

I would get a comprehensive electrical battery/starting/charging system test done at your friendly, neighborhood auto parts store.
View attachment 60269
View attachment 60270
it's the radio frequency hub for the ignition system. i forgot to mention but i also got another code B2204-55 which says its the RFH. No other problems besides my key fob not being recognized sometimes. My problem now is I have no idea where the RFH is on a chrysler 200. there is no video online or forum post about its location or someone changing it due to their keyfob not connecting.
Grille Grey Mesh Font Audio equipment

·
Administrator
2,688 Posts
If the other 'wireless' items like Tire Pressure Monitor, Passive Entry, etc work and the FOB SKIS is intermittent, it may not be a problem with the RF Hub module.
Always diagnose first.
The RF Hub module is mounted under the rear parcel shelf. The RFH antenna is in the center console.
See Possible Causes of B2204-55 below.
Is the odometer display flashing? Can you complete a PROXI alignment?

Rectangle Font Electric blue Magenta Logo

Rectangle Slope Parallel Font Screenshot

Font Screenshot Document Number

Font Rectangle Screenshot Electric blue Number

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the other 'wireless' items like Tire Pressure Monitor, Passive Entry, etc work and the FOB SKIS is intermittent, it may not be a problem with the RF Hub module.
Always diagnose first.
The RF Hub module is mounted under the rear parcel shelf. The RFH antenna is in the center console.
See Possible Causes of B2204-55 below.
Is the odometer display flashing? Can you complete a PROXI alignment?

View attachment 60280

View attachment 60279

View attachment 60281

View attachment 60282

View attachment 60283
Thank you so much for showing me where it is! It was a pain looking through the internet. No my odometer is not flashing have no other problems besides my key fob not detecting. sometimes it will detect with me just having it on my person without stall or problem and other times i have to put my keyfob under my dash. I will try a proxy alignment after work and report back on my findings thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay so I did the proxy alignment and that got rid of the body module code. the b210a-16 code also went away when i changed the battery. but my key fob is still not being read and now its worse than ever. i have to leave it on the floor close to the center console for it to maybe recognize it and start the car. im going to the dealer to get a new key fob and get it reprogrammed. will update on that for anyone else having the same problem. if its not the keyfob at this point then I am convinced it is the keyless entry reciever antenna. will update!

·
Administrator
2,688 Posts
Do you have a 2nd key fob to try? If you have Remote Start, does that always work?
Has the key fob battery been replaced?
Any 'noisy' electronic accessories that may be drowning out the key signal?

Font Elbow Screenshot Document

Automotive lighting Vehicle Font Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have a 2nd key fob to try? If you have Remote Start, does that always work?
Has the key fob battery been replaced?
Any 'noisy' electronic accessories that may be drowning out the key signal?

View attachment 60530
View attachment 60531
the keyfob i have is indeed aftermarket. the car is pre owned and all i have is the after market key fob from the dealer no spare key. i am getting a new new tomorrow and will update. no electrical interference that i know off and no weird cranking or engine noises when it does start. no remote start sadly am thinkin of installing it sometime in the future. battery is duracell and changed twice. will post more tomorrow!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright it appears that everything is fine now!! i got my new keyfob and it works like a charm. absolutely no problems starting the car and no pesky "keyfob not found" message. the person who reprogramed me a new key said somehow it appeared that my old fob was faulty or just not working correctly. makes sense as it was aftermarket and subjected to lots of wear and tear....either way if anyone else has this problem try getting a new keyfob especially if it's old or after market! don't trust the fact that it still locks and unlocks the car as I did. I want to thank the admin for helping me with my questions as well. i'll keep driving my 200 for now. cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts