Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought chrysler 200, 2015 with 45k miles. Now the radio system is going on and off on its own. I googled it and im not the only one. We didnt buy the expensive warranty. Any suggestions or help? thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sirius pushed a software update out last night that's causing issues. They're in the process of developing a fix.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,547 Posts
Thanks. Just started happening to mine as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,547 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Anybody without a Sirius subscription having trouble? I'm not subscribed and no problem... so far.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm subscribed and didn't experience the issue at all over the last couple days.

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is no update that has to be performed, Sirius already rolled out their repair. Anyone else that is still experiencing issues should take their vehicle in for service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought chrysler 200, 2015 with 45k miles. Now the radio system is going on and off on its own. I googled it and im not the only one. We didnt buy the expensive warranty. Any suggestions or help? thanks.
Hi
What did u ever do to correct radio from keep coming on and off. I am experiencing the same problem and don’t have satellite radio
It’s a 2015 Chrysler 200 limited with 5 inch screen

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
278 Posts
You might want to inquire at the dealer if your vehicle is a candidate for Chrysler TSB # 08-027-15B. It is an RA2 radio software update that addresses the display screen shutting off or locking up. Also the audio can mute which will appear as though the radio is shutting off.
I found a similar TSB for other FCA products (not yours specifically) that has some of the Symptoms/Conditions that you describe here:
Have them update all the modules that have an available update while the WiTech tool is plugged in and the vehicle is in the shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You might want to inquire at the dealer if your vehicle is a candidate for Chrysler TSB # 08-027-15B. It is an RA2 radio software update that addresses the display screen shutting off or locking up. Also the audio can mute which will appear as though the radio is shutting off.
I found a similar TSB for other FCA products (not yours specifically) that has some of the Symptoms/Conditions that you describe here:
Have them update all the modules that have an available update while the WiTech tool is plugged in and the vehicle is in the shop.
I looked up vin # of car on UConnect and it said software update like one you typed is available. I believe with thumb drive I can do myself. Seems pretty straightfoward. You agree?
Thank you for responding

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
278 Posts
Yes, I have done radio/GPS updates to my own car in the driveway. Try the UConnect update first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts