Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been searching the forum all night and have not come up with the answer i need. I have, however, learned a lot about the different radio options.

My question: Do the 130/130s series radios run on the "low speed bus system" or is it just the touchscreen radios?

I want to upgrade my completely base 130 radio to the 130s model, to gain Sirius radio and the better display. I don't have the $$$ for the nav radio right now. So, do I need to pay attention to the low speed / high speed bus situation? None of the 130s radios I am seeing on eBay actually say whether they are low speed or high speed.

If the bus speed doesnt matter for the low end radios, does it matter what vehicle it comes out of? They all look the same.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sorry if this is OT but if I want to move from my 130 w/sat to a mygig (no nav, no uconnect) on my 2012 200, would I be searching for a high speed bus mygig or a low speed bus mygig. Somehow I thought all 2012's used the high speed bus.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand that our cars are low speed. My question is do the 130 and 130s require the low speed designation? I don't think think the 130 and 130s use the low speed bus system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys im new to the forum, jhst bought a chrysler 200 2013 touring, I have a question regarding the radjo, is it possible to upgrade to an aftermarket radio? I recently had a corolla 2012 with a pioneer 2500x installed, got into an accident toal loss and wanted to kno if I can put it in the 200? Please let me know if possible, if nit I might sell this thing its brand new and works perfect....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey guys im new to the forum, jhst bought a chrysler 200 2013 touring, I have a question regarding the radjo, is it possible to upgrade to an aftermarket radio? I recently had a corolla 2012 with a pioneer 2500x installed, got into an accident toal loss and wanted to kno if I can put it in the 200? Please let me know if possible, if nit I might sell this thing its brand new and works perfect....
You would have to get a converter module like this one
1377157030027.jpg
Since our cars don't have a remote power to turn on the radio, this is done thru bus communication.
Now if you have a factory amp, you may need to use the RCA output from your radio to make the factory amp work, but not really sure on this car. I know that my car has the Boston amp and the radio only outputs 2 channels to the amp, and the fader control is bussed messaged to the amp. So if you have the Boston amp your new head unit fader will not work since the amp only takes 2 channels.
I have installed a aftermarket radio on a 2009 jeep grand Cherokee, this had a factory amp and it also only had 2 channels input to the amp. I had the connector kit for the car that I bought online, connected the radio and had almost no volume from the car. Then I remembered that I help my friend replacing his radio on a 1996 Nissan quest that also had factory amp, we had to use the RCA. So I bought a pair off RCA on one end to regular wire on the other end, sliced the wires to the connector, now I got sound.

Check out cruthfield, input you car and they will tell you what you need to use a after market head unit.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2009 Dodge Challenger that came with the 130s radio I changed it out with a 2011 Chrysler 200 RHB radio! If you have a low speed bus system you have to stick with low speed bus I also own a 2013 Chrysler 200 with the RBZ radio in it which is also low speed bus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
ukcrafty
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing